These clusters are incredibly easy to make. Not everyone has shredded wheat or marshmallows on hand, but buying them once will allow you to make these clusters plenty of times. These are a favorite of my dad’s. He requests them every time I come home and so I’ve made them a lot. You can use any chocolate – I prefer milk but they’re good with dark chocolate as well – if you’re a fan (I’m not). Naturally the higher quality chocolate you use the better they’ll taste but if all you’ve got is store brand chocolate chips, give it a try anyway. They freeze quickly and can be kept in a ziplock bag or airtight container in the fridge.
This is the original photo taken in November 2010.
- 7 ounce bar dark chocolate (I used Green and Black Organic ), broken up into small pieces
- 1½ cup mini marshmallows
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped peanuts
- ¾ cup crushed shredded wheat cereal
- Over low heat melt chocolate and marshmallows in olive oil, stirring frequently.
- Once melted stir in peanuts and shredded wheat.
- Form small clusters or balls.
- Put in freezer for 15-30 minutes.