I made this omelet for breakfast while I was home for my mom’s birthday. Everyone loved it so much that I made it the next day for breakfast as well. I thought it was great too but chose only to have 1 bite (opting for shrimp and mayo for breakfast instead – don’t scrunch your face up – it’s delicious). This omelet really has the perfect combination of flavors. Also really easy to make – although it’s considerably harder to make it look pretty : / If you’re missing or dislike any of the toppings omit or substitute with others. I found this recipe on Steamy Kitchen but I didn’t actually measure out any of the ingredients. A handful of this, a fistful of that, and voilà – breakfast is served.
Sun-dried Tomato, Mushroom, Spinach, Onion Omelet
Recipe Adapted from Steamy Kitchen
Start to Finish: 15-20 minutes
2 tablespoons chopped onions
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup chopped spinach
1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 teaspoon olive oil
6 eggs, beaten
salt, pepper to taste
1. Heat olive oil over medium heat and cook onions for a few minutes.
2. Add mushrooms and cook for 3-4 minutes.
3. Add spinach and sun-dried tomatoes, cook 1 minute, stirring mixture to combine. Place in separate bowl.
4. Add eggs to pan, cook 1-2 minutes, lifting sides with spatula to make sure eggs cook evenly.
5. Add vegetable mixture and cheese to half of the omelet. Fold over the other half, and continue to cook until eggs cooked through.