Yep you guessed it – another roll recipe. This one is probably the easiest of all. Nothing to cook, just slice, sliver, squeeze and roll. Don’t even need a toothpick to hold these guys together. Great alternative to a salad or just good for a quick snack. I feel like I always buy ricotta for lasagna or cheesecake but then have some left over. Not enough for another lasagna but too much to just throw the whole container away. And that’s how I came across this recipe. So, if you have that same left over ricotta problem try this recipe.
Zucchini Rolls with Ricotta and Slivered Almonds
Recipe Adapted from Apple Pie, Patis, & Pate
- 1 zucchini, sliced using mandolin slicer
- 1 cup ricotta
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- ½ cup slivered basil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- olive oil
- salt, pepper to taste
- Place zucchini strips on cutting board or cookie sheet, season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In a bowl combine ricotta, lemon juice, basil, and slivered almonds.
- Roll zucchini strips and filling together.