This Strawberry Gelato recipe make for the perfect summer treat. Smooth and creamy with a taste of fresh summer strawberries. GF and easy to make at home.
I have wanted an ice cream machine for a while now.
Ever since I saw it at the Dave and Buster’s ticket redemption section. (D and I have gone to D&B quite a few times this year because a-there’s one close to us and b- I signed up for an account on their website and they constantly send me free game play coupons).
You would think D&B would be pretty tame and mellow – you can’t even win any real money there, just the tickets – but people go wild – we’ve seen 1 fight break out and multiple people using all their strength to tip the machines for those extra tickets.
Good thing we were able to buy one online – although using D&B tickets to earn one would have been way cooler.
So this weekend I decided to make a strawberry gelato recipe .
It was delicious.
So rich, creamy, slightly sweet with a subtle strawberry flavor.
Recipe from Triple Scoop Desserts
- ½ cup fresh pureed and reduced strawberries
- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ cup whole milk
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- Puree 8 oz fresh strawberries in a blender. Place strawberries and sugar in a pot and heat over medium heat until mixture has reduced by half.
- Mix strawberry puree with milk and heavy cream. Refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Pour mixture into ice cream machine and follow manufacturer's instructions.
- Freeze gelato for at least 4 hours.
- **Serve with fresh mint leaves