This Strawberry Gelato recipe make for the perfect summer treat. Smooth and creamy with a taste of fresh summer strawberries. GF and easy to make at home.
I have wanted an ice cream machine for a while now.
Ever since I saw it at the Dave and Buster’s ticket redemption section. (D and I have gone to D&B quite a few times this year because a-there’s one close to us and b- I signed up for an account on their website and they constantly send me free game play coupons).
You would think D&B would be pretty tame and mellow – you can’t even win any real money there, just the tickets – but people go wild – we’ve seen 1 fight break out and multiple people using all their strength to tip the machines for those extra tickets.
For the ice cream machine you need about 3000 tickets and believe it or not – once we got those 3000 tickets D&B had gotten rid of the ice cream machine!
Good thing we were able to buy one online – although using D&B tickets to earn one would have been way cooler.
So this weekend I decided to make a strawberry gelato recipe .
It was delicious.
So rich, creamy, slightly sweet with a subtle strawberry flavor.
Recipe from Triple Scoop Desserts
- ½ cup fresh pureed and reduced strawberries
- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ cup whole milk
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- Puree 8 oz fresh strawberries in a blender. Place strawberries and sugar in a pot and heat over medium heat until mixture has reduced by half.
- Mix strawberry puree with milk and heavy cream. Refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Pour mixture into ice cream machine and follow manufacturer's instructions.
- Freeze gelato for at least 4 hours.
- **Serve with fresh mint leaves