The best thing about making your own ice cream is that you get to choose how much of each add-in you want. Breyers has it all wrong – I actually do want a lot of crushed oreos in my cookies and cream ice cream. And take a look at that store bought ice cream carton ingredient list – 25 ingredients to make ice cream? That’s just wrong. All you need is 5 – to get the creamiest dreamiest oreo ice cream.
Recipe from Simple Comfort Food
Skip the store bought ice cream and make your own instead. Healthier and more delicious too!
10 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 10 crushed oreo cookies
- Make sure ice cream bowl is completely frozen.
- Whisk milk and sugar together until sugar has dissolved.
- Add vanilla extract and heavy cream. Mix. Refrigerate 2-4 hours (optional).
- Pour mixture into ice cream machine and let it churn for 25 minutes, then add the crumbled oreo cookies and churn for 5 more minutes.
- Freeze for 1 hour or overnight.