I’ve made these bars twice now – they’re really easy to make, and taste pretty good too. The first time I made them D liked them but did not seem to be too impressed – the second time around though, he thought they were amazing and couldn’t get enough. I made them the same way both times so have no idea as to why the change in attitude – but I’ll take it. These bars slightly resemble Reese’s peanut butter cups but they’re not as sweet and there isn’t as much chocolate. Without having to bake them these are the perfect summer treat.
Recipe Adapted from All Recipes
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons peanut butter (divided)
- ¾ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Line a small baking pan with foil and lightly spray with cooking spray. Melt butter and 1/2 cup peanut butter with the butter in a small pan. Add graham cracker crumbs and confectioners sugar. Mix until well combined.
- Press mix into the baking pan and place in refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- In the microwave melt the chocolate chips with 2 tablespoons peanut butter, stirring every 20 seconds, until smooth. Spread over the graham cracker mixture. Refrigerate for 1 hour and cut into squares.