Peanut butter balls/truffles make for a simple no fuss dessert.
There’s no baking required, very little mixing, no waiting for the eggs and butter to warm up to room temperature. Just a few ingredients and steps to follow.
Though I never partake in the eating process here I know most people fully enjoy this treat (D especially). I used to make these peanut butter balls, but when the confectioners sugar ran out I decided to substitute it with graham crackers crumbs. Why not turn these into graham balls? Not a bad taste combination. I’ve made these both with regular and natural organic peanut butter and it works either way.
The only difference being how much graham cracker crumbs you need to add – the natural peanut butter is a lot more liquidy than the regular so you need to add at least 1/2 cup more graham cracker crumbs. Best of all these keep for at least a week in the fridge — if they last that long!
If you’re interested in learning how to make simple graham ball I’ve got you covered.
A simple fuss free 4 ingredient dessert
20 minsPrep Time
30 minsCook Time
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 1/4 - 2 cups graham crackers crumbs
- 5-6 ounces crushed heath bars
- 4-5 ounces chocolate, broken up into small pieces
- Add graham crackers to food processor and process until mixture resembles crumbs. Add 1 cup graham crackers crumbs to the peanut butter. Mix. Add more graham cracker crumbs until mixture is dry enough to be able to form balls.
- Using your hands form the dough into 24 even sized balls. Place on aluminum foil lined baking sheet/cutting board and freeze for 30-60 minutes or until firm.
- Using a double boiler heat chocolate, stirring until melted. Placed crushed heath bits in a small bowl.
- Using a fork dip peanut butter balls in the melted chocolate, one at a time, and then toss in the heath bits. Refrigerate until firm.