Yep, BLAAT. And we’re not talking about the Russian curse word here.
We are talking about the sandwich that will break hearts. One bite of this and you’ll never go back to those soggy peanut butter and jelly monstrosities.
Sure the BLT has been around forever, but my take on it is completely new (as far as I know of course).
What I wouldn’t give for one of these sandwiches right now.
Any guesses as to the double A’s in the name?
Avocado and alfalfa sprouts.
A match made in heaven.
And they’ll make the sandwich healthier. Who could ask for anything more?
So crisp up that bacon, slather that toasted fresh bread with mayo and pile on the avocados, tomatoes, lettuce and alfalfa. Got some fresh basil handy? Toss that into the mix too.
Best sandwich of 2012 hands down (perhaps even of my of life).
- fresh bread, toasted
- ½-1 tomato, thinly sliced
- 3-4 slices bacon, cooked until crispy
- 3 lettuce leaves
- ¼-1/2 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 ounce alfalfa sprouts
- few basil leaves, slivered
- 1-2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Spread mayonnaise on toasted bread.
- Drizzle lemon juice over avocado slices.
- Top bread with bacon, tomato, lettuce, avocado, alfalfa sprouts and basil.