The ultimate Oven Roasted Potato Wedges recipe – perfect crispy on the outside yet so soft on the inside. Just perfect and healthier than the fried version. Stay tuned for the secret to perfectly cooked oven wedges.
Branching from my last potato themed post I just had to share yet another one of my favorite potato recipes. This one is even harder to make while traveling here in Asia, because even if I were to get my hands on an apartment kitchen so many of them come without an oven! Hard to believe, right? No midnight cookie baking parties here in Asia. No lasagnas, breads, cheesecakes, pizzas, etc. No ovens! Even the stoves themselves are usually only two burners and sometimes are portable, so I guess asking for an oven would just be too much. With a full on modern newly built house, there probably would be an oven, but chances are slim to none we’ll be staying in one of those. So while the only potato craving I can fill is with french fries or my home fries, everyone out there with a fully functioning oven can make these guys. And oh they’re good… so good. The kind of good that you purposely forget how many potatoes you used and continue to chomp down on them until the entire tray is consumed. All the while you’re fighting against your brain, telling you that you’re full and must stop. Can’t stop though, not with these on the table. These are seriously the best oven roasted potatoes wedges ever. And they’re healthier than the fried version. These are perfectly soft on the inside yet crispy and crunchy on the outside – just the way a potato wedge should be. Too good to be served with ketchup alone. Mix that ketchup with Sriracha and mayonnaise to give these the sauce that they rightfully deserve.
What’s your secret to making crispy on the outside yet soft on the inside potato wedges? Am I missing anything?
Oven Roasted Potato Wedges perfect crispy on the outside yet so soft on the inside. Just perfect
10 minPrep Time
40 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- 4 red potatoes, cut into wedges
- For Seasoning:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Mayonnaise (omit for vegan version)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and using cooking spray grease baking sheet or aluminum foil.
- Combine all potato seasoning ingredients in a large bowl, mixing well.
- Add potatoes and toss well until potatoes coated in spice mix.
- Place potatoes side by side on baking sheet, making sure none are overlapping.
- Bake 20 minutes, flip potatoes over and increase temperature to 450 degrees F for the last 15-20 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine dip ingredients.