Well we have safely made it over to France and are now eating croissants and cheese galore Until I get my hands on a few French recipes though it’s fish cakes I share today.
If you’re looking for appetizer recipes these fish cakes are perfect. As you can imagine it’s minced fish with a slew of Thai ingredients. Easy to make, perfectly crispy and delicious served with a light vinegary cucumber salad.
No need to order them at a restaurant when you can make them better at home yourself!
- 1 cup ground fish meat
- 1 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced long bean (or wing bean)
- 2 thinly sliced kaffir lime leaves
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped coriander leaf with stem
- 2 cups cooking oil
- To a mixing bowl add fish and red curry paste. Mix well until smooth.
- To the bowl add long bean, kaffir lime leave and coriander. Mix.
- On high heat add oil to wok.
- Roll one tablespoon of fish mixture in your hands (dampen hands first) and flatten in your hand, forming a patty. Repeat with remaining patties. Add patties to oil (without overcrowding the wok).
- The fish cake will sink in the oil, wait for it to rise to the top and then flip it over. Cook on both sides until cooked through (several minutes per side).
- Serve with a light crunchy salad of cucumber, red onions, chilies and rice vinegar/sugar mix.
Recipe from Grandma’s Thai Recipes