Some days it feels like everything is going wrong. Like the other day I opened up my flight reservation for a flight that was meant to be in a few days only to realize I had apparently booked the flight for the correct day in AUGUST instead of JUNE.
Aaaaahh. Seriously? I mean seriously?
This coming from the person who meticulously checks that their name is spelled correctly just in case an extra letter is added somewhere. Well my name was spelled correctly on the ticket, the date somehow was just off by months.
While the last thing I wanted to do was more logistical planning this became unavoidable. Thanks to the extra cost to change the ticket, it now becomes cheaper to scrap the flight altogether and purchase train tickets instead.
Lesson learned. Make sure to double check name spellings and flight dates when making bookings. Better yet grab the closest person to you at the time to double check for you – as in my case even when I was looking over the incorrectly dated reservation I still failed to notice the date screw-up — it was D who picked up on it.
And then proceed to eat your sorrows away. : )
- 1 pound chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1.5 cups quinoa
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 cups water (or a little bit less)
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound asparagus, woody ends cut off and cut into 2 inch segments
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- bunch of fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 1-2 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a bowl marinate chicken with salt, 1 teaspoon lemon juice and paprika. Set aside.
- In a pot heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and add 2 cloves chopped garlic. Cook until just aromatic and add quinoa. Cook 1-2 minutes until lightly toasted. Add water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer covered for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- In a pan heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and add mushrooms in single layer. Do not crowd the pan and cook them in batches in you have to. Cook on each side until lightly browned and set aside.
- In the same pan heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and add chicken in single layer. Cook until lightly browned on each side and remove.
- To same pan add asparagus and garlic. Add more oil if needed. Cook until asparagus is cooked through and lightly softened.
- In a large bowl combine quinoa, chicken, asparagus, garlic and mushrooms, Mix. Add fresh basil, lemon juice and more oil if mixture is dry,