I simply love pesto. I just cannot get enough. It’s just so good with everything; pasta, salads, sandwiches, everything. And it doesn’t even need to be basil pesto, it can be tomato pesto, that’s stellar as well.
Luckily being back in Europe means that pesto is not hard to find. Ideally I’d be making my own pesto, but since I can’t fit my food processor into my backpack right now I have to go with the store bought kind.
Today at the grocery store I couldn’t decide between the tomato or basil pesto so I just went with both. And guess what? They’re even better together than they are apart.
To give it more of a salad base I also layered some greens onto the plate.
Yum is all I can say.
If you’ve only been indulging in the basil pesto, branch out and try the tomato one.
- 2 small mozzarella balls (or 1 large log) sliced into circles
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- handful of basil, slivered
- handful of salad greens (arugula, etc)
- ½ tablespoon basil pesto
- ½ tablespoon tomato pesto
- Scatter salad greens over a plate. Layer tomato and mozzarella over the salad greens, in circular fashion,
- Drizzle basil and tomato pesto over the salad. Sprinkle with slivered basil.