I don’t know about you but I seriously love the smoked salmon, egg and cucumber combination. Throw in some pesto, avocados and spring mix and I couldn’t ask for a better way to start the day.
I don’t even need this bundle of perfection sandwiched in between two pieces of bread, but for the bread lovers out there I’ve created this irresistible breakfast for you.
I’m not a breakfast person but with day starters like these I’m excited to jump out of bed.
- 4 slices bread (gluten free bread for gluten free version)
- 2-4 tablespoons pesto (vegan pesto for dairy free version)
- several slices smoked salmon
- 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 fried eggs
- handful salad mix
- ½ avocado, thinly sliced (optional)
- Spread pesto on each slice of bread. On two pieces of bread layer salad mix, cucumber, smoked salmon, avocado and one fried egg on each. Top with other two slices of bread.
- Makes 2 sandwiches