As you read this I’ll be in Nepal living salad free unfortunately.
That is one of the downsides to traveling to certain countries – you can’t exactly eat the way you used to back home.
As for India and Nepal – these are salad death zones. It simply is too risky to eat those leafy salad greens which are simply sponges for potentially contamined water.
I love my salads but not when they come at a risk of 10 day long bouts of food poisoning. But while I was still traveling through Scotland I tried to have plenty of leafy salad greens.
Remember those pesto chicken salad sandwiches I posted? Well this is a similar recipe but in salad form.
My waistline simply can’t afford to be eating sandwiches daily, not that I don’t prefer salads anyway (or have just brainwashed myself to believe).
Some shred some chicken, throw in some pesto, garlic, lemon juice and zest and red onions. Serve over salad greens mixed with fresh flavorful tomatoes.
A healthy low cal lunch.
A simple salad full of flavors. Pesto Chicken Salad is the new power lunch. Gluten free, dairy free and healthy!
15 minPrep Time
15 minTotal Time
- 1/2 pound boiled chicken breast, shredded
- 2-3 tablespoons pesto (vegan pesto for dairy free version)
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1-2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt/pepper to taste
- handfuls of salad greens
- 1-2 tomatoes, sliced
- In a small bowl combine pesto, garlic, salt/pepper, lemon zest and juice and olive oil. Whisk until smooth. Combine dressing with chicken and mix.
- Serve over salad greens with tomatoes.