I love all sorts of dips and spreads.
You know my loyalty to pesto from the name of the blog itself, but that doesn’t mean I don’t like other dips too.
And so while I was still at home last year I picked up a jar of green and black olive tapenade/pate.
The black olive one is sometimes a bit too strong for my taste, or just needs to be used sparingly, but the green olive pate really packs in the flavor but doesn’t overpower the taste buds.
Now normally I would just spoon some onto a cracker but why not use the olive pate as a base for a paste sauce?
I’m trying to be creative here.
I’m really trying to think out of the box here.
The other day I was thinking about making an ice coffee with club soda instead of regular water. Maybe not such a good idea?
But the olive pate for pasta sauce was actually a great one. Just mix that up with some olive oil and lemon juice. Voila.
Delicious on gluten free pasta with chicken sausage, eggs and fresh herbs.
A perfect weeknight meal.
A gluten free pasta dish with chicken sausage and a sauce made with olive pate. Not you ordinary pasta dish but makes for the perfect quick weeknight meal.
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons olive pate
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 pound chicken sausage
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces gluten free pasta
- handful fresh arugula
- 2 eggs
- salt/pepper to taste
- fresh herbs (basil, parsley, etc)
- Cook pasta according to package directions
- In a pan cook chicken sausage, breaking up each sausage link into smaller pieces. Add garlic once sausage is almost cooked through.
- In a small bowl combine, olive pate, lemon juice and olive oil. Mix.
- When draining the pasta immediately add the eggs and quickly stir to mix, so that the heat coming off the pasta lightly cooks the eggs. If this makes you uneasy, return the pasta with the eggs back to the stove and cook for 1-2 minutes over medium-low heat.
- To the pasta pot add the sauce, the arugula and the sausage.
- Serve garnished with fresh herbs.