I was there with my parents so as always it was a bit of a wild time.
Lots of eating, drinking, sight seeing and a general overall jolly wonderful time. The two weeks completely flew by and I couldn’t have been happier to be able to spend that time with my parents and all their friends and our family relatives in Sydney.
The minute I met them at the airport I knew our time together would fly by but it never ceases to amaze me how quickly days can just simply slip away.
I honestly had an amazing time and will spend days or weeks processing all the various impressions and interactions that occurred during those two weeks together. It was sad to see them go so quickly.
But to cheer myself up I’ll share this squash salad today. I made this back while D and I were renting an apartment in Thailand and I really fell in love with this recipe.
When I think of salads I generally think of greens and lettuce, but it doesn’t always have to be that way. This simple and filling salad just needs some squash, feta almonds and red onions. A perfect combination of ingredients for a simple yet flavorful meal.
- ½ acorn squash, peeled and cut into large cubes
- 2-3 tablespoons butter
- salt/pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons sliced toasted almonds
- ¼-1/2 feta, diced
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Heat pot with water until boiling and add squash. Add salt to taste. Cook for a few minutes until soft.Drain the water.
- Heat butter over medium heat in a pan and add squash, cooking it until lightly browned on all sides.
- In a small bowl combine mustard, olive oil and lime juice. Mix until smooth.
- In a bowl combine squash with almonds, feta and red onions. Top with dressing.
- Serve warm.