A classic fall themed savory appetizer – gluten-free, paleo and vegan pumpkin dip with rosemary cashew ricotta. Serve hot with crackers or bread for the ultimate decadent start to a meal.
Are you sick of pumpkin recipes yet? I certainly hope not because today I’ve got pumpkin dip coming your way. Last year I didn’t post a single pumpkin recipe. Gasp. How could it be? I know.
So this year I had to more than make up for it by posting pumpkin everything all the time. So far I’ve got vegan pumpkin cheesecake with candied pecans and coconut cream, vegan ricotta stuffed zucchini ravioli over pumpkin puree with walnuts, vegan curried pumpkin and cauliflower soup with spinach and almonds, curried quinoa pumpkin vegan collard wraps, and now today a pumpkin dip recipe.
But today is not just a pumpkin dip recipe day – it’s also giveaway time! You see those adorable bowls and that dark grey slate in the pictures? Those both hail from Uncommon Goods – an online store focused on selling artisan unique handmade goods. Their mission as an online marketplace is to connect makers and their creations with individuals looking for truly special goods, regardless of the physical distance between the maker and the shopper. And today you have the chance to win a $100 Uncommon Goods giftcard !
If you ask me, they’re doing an awesome job. They have all sorts of different categories to choose from and it’s never too early to start thinking about Christmas gifts, so hop over to the site and you’ll find plenty of items perfect as stocking stuffers, Christmas gifts for women, you name it.
If you’re lucky, you could win this $100 giftcard giveaway and you’ll be able to pick out some incredible items for free! I spent hours browsing the site and picking out what I wanted. In the end I opted for three items – hot and cold soapstone handheld bowls, slate cheese board with soapstone chalk, and a chillsner (as a Christmas gift for my dad – hope he’s not reading this)!
The bowls act as double bowls, with the inner bowl oven and freezer safe so perfect for serving a hot dip (like this pumpkin dip) or for keeping you ice cream super cool when you’re eating it. You slip the inner bowl in the outer wooden bowl and now it’s safe to be handheld too.
The slate cheese board I needed in my life, not for cheese but for food photography. Best food prop ever or what?
Now let’s get back to my savory pumpkin dip.
This is made with a mixture of oven roasted pumpkin pureed with olive oil, roasted garlic, apple cider vinegar, nutritional yeast, sage and rosemary. This pumpkin dip mixture is also pureed with a cashew ricotta cheese made with cashews, rosemary, nutritional yeast, hemp seeds, lemon juice etc.
I left a bit of the cashew cheese to dollop on top of the pumpkin dip for an extra flavor contrast.
This savory fall flavored pumpkin dip is simply incredible. The lightly charred roasted pumpkin flavor is super strong and smooth, especially when mixed with a whole head of roasted garlic and my all time fall favorite herbs – fresh rosemary + sage. Vegan cashew ricotta cheese I have become obsessed with and make on a regular basis now since it is so useful and applicable in so many different recipes (my vegan ricotta stuffed zucchini ravioli over pumpkin puree with walnuts) being one of my favorites.
I am sure you could serve the pumpkin dip on it’s own, without adding the cashew ricotta to the mix, but I love the extra heartiness that is added with it.
This is a perfect dip served hot with crackers, bread, you name it. I could pretty much just eat this whole bowl for dinner. Nothing else needed.
So next time you’re looking to quench that pumpkin craving be sure to make this vegan savory pumpkin dip.
And in the meantime enter the Uncommon Goods giveaway below for a chance to win a $100 giftcard.
A classic fall themed savory appetizer - gluten-free, paleo and vegan pumpkin dip with rosemary cashew ricotta. Serve hot with crackers or bread for the ultimate decadent start to a meal.
- "!For the Pumpkin dip:"
- 1 small pumpkin, cut into 1-2 inch cubes, (about 4-5 cups)
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- salt/pepper to taste
- 1 head garlic
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary, divided
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- "!For the vegan cashew ricotta:"
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked in water overnight, rinsed and drained
- 1-2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 lemon, zested
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1-2 tablespoons hemp seeds (optional)
- 2 teaspoon fresh chopped rosemary
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped sage
- salt/pepper to taste
- For garnish: lemon zest and additional fresh chopped rosemary and sage
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine cubed pumpkin with 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt, pepper, 1 teaspoon fresh chopped rosemary. Mix.
- Place pumpkin on aluminum foiled lined baking sheet in single layer.
- To roasted the garlic partially cut off the top of each clove, just exposing the garlic a little bit. Drizzle with a bit of olive oil and wrap in aluminum boil.
- Bake both pumpkin and the garlic for 30-40 minutes until pumpkin is cooked through and lightly browned.
- For the vegan cashew ricotta combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth, adding more water if needed.
- Remove half of the cashew ricotta and set aside.
- Add the roasted pumpkin, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon fresh chopped rosemary, 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar, 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast, 1 teaspoon fresh chopped sage, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and the roasted garlic cloves to the food processor (with half of the cashew ricotta in there).
- Process until smooth.
- Place the pumpkin dip in oven safe bowls and add dollops of the remaining cashew ricotta on top.
- Broil on high for 5-10 minutes until the top is lightly browned.
- Serve garnished with lemon zest, crackers, bread, etc.
This post has been sponsored by Uncommon Goods but as always all opinions on here remain my own