These gluten free stuffed mushrooms recipe with cream cheese and bacon makes for the perfect dinner appetizer when you’re entertaining. /em>
I go back and forth with mushrooms. Sometimes I love them and want them with just about everything and on anything. Other times I’m like eh, who needs ’em? What I have discovered though is my new love for gluten free stuffed mushrooms.
And with mushrooms, the caps stay intact and just get lightly baked so they’re even more flavorful. Meanwhile the stems get chopped up and combined with a whole slew of other even more delicious ingredients.
While there may be a ton of alternatives for gluten free stuffed mushrooms out there you can never go wrong with a cream cheese bacon mix.
Bacon and pretty much anything are a match made in heaven but throw cream cheese into the mix and these little bite sized parcels of flavor are transported to the next level. You’ve got the roasted mushrooms, the smoky bacon and the smooth and creamy cream cheese.
Yes yes yes. Then throw in some onion, garlic, a sprinkling of a sharp Parmesan cheese and you’re all set.
These gluten free stuffed mushrooms make for a good appetizer at a dinner party or just in general for finger food.
The large stuffing mushrooms are easier to work with than the regular button mushrooms but you can use either. (The regular mushrooms look cuter).
I’ve made this recipe for gluten free stuffed mushrooms with both types. With the regular mushrooms halve the stuffing recipe for 12 mushrooms and use all the stems. For the large mushrooms use the full recipe but discard half the stems (the large mushrooms stems are huuuuge).
A bit of a hint – if you take the cream cheese out of the fridge ahead of time it will be easier to mix!
This cream cheese and bacon stuffed mushroom recipe makes for the perfect dinner appetizer when you're entertaining. Gluten Free too!
10 minPrep Time
40 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- 12 large stuffing mushrooms stems removed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup crumbled bacon (8 slices)
- 8 oz package of cream cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Pan fry bacon and cut up into tiny pieces
- Break off mushrooms stems and finely chop 6 stems, discarding the rest.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray and place mushrooms top side up and bake for 10-15 minutes (to remove some of the liquid from them). Drain mushrooms from liquid and lightly salt the caps.
- Heat oil over medium heat and add garlic, onion, and chopped mushrooms stems. Fry until moisture has evaporated.
- When mixture has cooled add cream cheese, parmesan, bacon, black pepper and stir to combine.
- Fill the mushrooms caps with stuffing mix and bake for 20 minutes on the baking sheet.