5 ingredient Chicken Quesadillas make for a perfect cheesey and smooth Mexican themed dinner made at home. Who can say no to delicious gluten free quesadillas?
Um yes please. The spicy tomato loaded salsa, and the zesty avocados laden guac are incredible on their own. But then when you slather that on top of a cheesey melted crunchy on the outside chicken quesadilla oh boy, how can I say no.
And then when I tell you that you can actually make gluten free quesadillas at home, with only 5 ingredients and 30 minutes your mind is going to be blown.
Seriously, only five ingredients for this awesome Mexican deliciousness.
No need to rush out to your favorite American chain restaurant or local Mexican spot, since you can make these better (and cheaper) at home than at your local TGIF, Applebees, UNO’s, you name it.
These gluten free quesadillas I made with chicken, cheese and green onions. That is literally all you need for a bite of perfection.
But, you can really add whatever you want or have on hand. This is a great dish if you have leftover roasted chicken (and don’t just want to eat it plain).
All you have to do is cut it up into bite sized pieces, cook for a few mins in 2 tablespoons of butter or oil and you’ve got your filling. Or you can grill 1-2 chicken breasts and then shred or cut into bite sized pieces. Serve these gluten free quesadillas as an appetizer or dinner entrée, either way it takes less than 30 mins to make.
So next time you’re craving Mexican food, skip the outting to a restaurant and just whip up these super simple yet incredibly delicious gluten free quesadillas at home!
Once you make them once, you’ll be creating this dish over and over again with new and different fillings every time.
5 ingredient Chicken Quesdaillas make for a perfect cheesey and smooth Mexican themed dinner made at home. Gluten-Free.
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 2 flour tortillas (use gluten-free corn tortillas for gluten free version)
- 4 ounces mexican blend shredded cheese (or substitute with cheddar, monterey jack, etc)
- 4 green onions, sliced, divided
- 1-2 chicken breasts grilled/cooked and shredded (or use 2 cups leftover roasted chicken)
- 1-2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. On half of each tortilla sprinkle one ounce of the cheese. Heat in oven until cheese has melted, and remove.
- On side with melted cheese place shredded chicken pieces and 1 sliced green onion per tortilla. Top with one ounce cheese (for each tortilla). Fold over other half of the tortilla.
- In pan melt oil over medium heat and cook 1 tortilla at a time, a couple mins per side, until lightly browned.
- Slice into 4 wedges, sprinkle with green onions, and serve with sour cream and guacamole. (I just mashed up an avocado and mixed it with sliced tomato, onion, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and cilantro)