This New York cheesecake with strawberries makes for a rich and dreamy dessert. Perfect with freshly sliced strawberries and nutella swirls. Worth all the calories and every minute of effort.
I know it’s been a whole week since my last post but I’ve got a perfectly good explanation!
I was skiing in Canada with D and my family and absolutely did not have a minute to get to a computer; the mountain was calling my name day and night.
Skiing is my absolute favorite thing to do and I know I can be a pain to everyone around me because nobody else is interested in skiing until they drop, like I am. I just cannot roll around in a hotel bed after breakfast knowing that I am missing out on valuable skiing moments.
Thankfully everyone came back safe and sound, no broken bones, just some minor collisions and bruises.
Also we were thankfully NOT skiing at Sugar Loaf, otherwise we might have been scarred forever. : /
Anyway, seeing as how it’s been a while since my last post, I figured I’d go with cheesecake today. Cheesecake is one of my all time favorite desserts so it was about time I make the classic NY cheesecake, this time in the form of a cheesecake with strawberries. There is no kidding around with this one. We’re talking about a solid two and half pounds of cream cheese and seven eggs. YIKES!
The end result of my cheesecake with strawberries though is incredible. So smooth, so rich, so decadent. A truly impressive cake, where a thin sliver goes a long way.
Nutella swirls and strawberry slices made for a great topping to balance out the thickness and creaminess of the cake itself.
Sometimes you buy strawberries and they taste like absolutely nothing, as if they’ve just been put together in a lab and colored red and green. Somehow I lucked out with these strawberries though, they were full of flavor, so sweet and absolutely delicious.
New York cheesecakes makes for a rich and dreamy dessert perfect with freshly sliced strawberries and nutella swirls. Worth all the calories and every minute of effort.
30 minPrep Time
3 hr, 20 Cook Time
3 hr, 50 Total Time
- 1 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 40 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 5 eggs, room temperature
- 2 egg yolks, room temperature
- 1 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 package of strawberries
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs with 1/4 cup sugar and melted butter. Grease a 10 inch spring form pan with cooking spray and then press mixture into the bottom to create the crust. Place crust in refrigerator while preparing batter.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth and add egss, one at a time, beating until just incorporated. Add the 1 3/4 cup sugar, flour, and heavy cream. Beat until smooth. Add vanilla extract and lemon juice, beat until incorporated.
- Fill roasting pan with boiling water and place on lower oven shelf. Pour batter into prepared crust and bake for 3 hours 20 minutes on higher oven shelf. Turn oven off and leave the door slightly open. Leave cheesecake in turned off oven for 90 minutes. Let cheesecake cool completely and the refrigerate overnight.
- Serve with fresh strawberries and nutella.