Oreo Balls make for a no fuss simple yet delicious dessert. Only 5 ingredients needed and ready in minutes. No baking required.
These Oreo balls were requested by D. Now you know I’m not a huge fan of dessert in general but I couldn’t say no to a personal request. Especially not to one that only requires a handful of ingredients, no baking and needs only a few minutes of hand on time.
Unlike desserts like cheesecake which require getting the whole kitchen dirty, and hours of preparation and suspense, along with a full nights rest in the fridge, before you can even sample a slice. Now sometimes those desserts are perfect and worth every minute, but on the occasion where you want a simple sweet treat and have no time to fuss about about in the kitchen, you need something like these oreo balls.
Dave’s cousin made these for Christmas Eve dinner and he loved them (I wasn’t there so can’t say how close mine are to hers). He rarely raves about a recipe so once I heard him saying how much he loved the oreo balls I knew I needed to have a go at them myself.
So he got the recipe from her and here I am making Oreo balls. With D’s help of course.
He immediately gave up on forming the crushed crumb mixture into balls – pouting that it wasn’t working – so I set him to work heating up the white and semi sweet chocolate chips.
These Oreo balls are really easy to prepare, no baking required, and make for a nice bite sized dessert.
I imagine they would be great at dinner parties. We coated half of them with white chocolate and the other half with semi sweet chocolate — the white chocolate coating tastes better though.
Make sure you put the crumb cream cheese mixture in the freezer for at least 2 hours — otherwise it will be hard to work with.
I’ve made all sorts of dessert balls before, ranging from peanut butter nutella balls, to peanut butter chocolate almond balls, to peanut butter graham cracker balls, but these oreo balls are definitely the easiest to make.
Oreo Balls make for a no fuss simple yet delicious dessert. Only 5 ingredients needed and ready in minutes.
15 minPrep Time
15 minTotal Time
- 8-9 oz Oreos, crushed in food processor
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening, divided
- Beat cream cheese until fluffy, then add crushed cookie crumbs and continue to beat (on high) until throughly combined.
- Freeze for at least 2 hours.
- Form 1 inch balls with crumb mixture and place on parchment paper.
- Freeze for 5-10 minutes.
- Using double boiler or microwave heat chocolate and shortening until smooth (heat semi sweet chocolate with 1 teaspoon shortening separately from white chocolate with 1 teaspoon shortening)
- Using toothpick or fork dip oreo balls into melted chocolate and place on parchment paper.
- Freeze for a few minutes. Store in refrigerator.
- **Must use parchment/wax paper because they will stick to aluminum foil!