One Pot Rice with Italian Sausage and Shrimp Recipe – I really love recipes where everything is cooked in one pot. All of the flavors cooked all together.
I really love recipes where everything is cooked in 1 pot. It really makes the clean up so much easier. This is one of those recipes.
D actually walked by after I made this and said this was the cleanest he had seen the kitchen (after my cooking) since we moved in together (10 months ago). That really does say a lot – because normally his reaction after walking into the kitchen is more like ‘clean up in aisle 4.’
Not with this one pot rice with Italian sausage and shrimp recipe though.
Here you just keep adding ingredients to the same pot and 50 minutes later you’ve got yourself a delicious meal.
And you don’t even need to have all the ingredients ready when you start – you can just prep as you go along.
We both really enjoyed this one.
The ingredients blend together really well and because everything cooks together the mixture of complex flavors is great. I will definitely be making this again.
Yes, it does take 50 minutes start to finish but in that time you can also make a salad and this recipe doesn’t make a mess so the clean up is minimal.
Recipe adapted from Our Life in Food
A simple one pot meal ready in under an hour!
10 minPrep Time
40 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- Recipe Type: Dinner
- Prep time: 10 mins
- Cook time: 40 mins
- Total time: 50 mins
- Serves: 4
- A simple one pot meal that will have dinner on the table in less than one hour.
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound hot italian sausage, casings removed
- 1/2 pound shrimp, peeled and tails removed
- 1 avocado, sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook italian sausage in a pan over medium heat until browned, breaking up the pieces.
- Add onions and peppers and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add rice and cook for 3 minutes, mixing it occasionally.
- Add chicken broth, cover the pan and cook for 15 minutes (over medium-low heat).
- Add shrimp, cover and cook for 8 minutes or until shrimp is cooked through.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve with avocado slices.