I must say this month’s challenge wasn’t as “daring” (or time consuming for that matter) as most of the others and I did actually put it off until the last minute. The mandatory item was to make a potato salad – but you really could pick whichever one you wanted to make. I finally made this recipe last night for dinner (I apologize for the photo – it was taken of the 3 spoonfuls of leftovers). I went with Simply Recipes’ potato salad – but changed it up a little bit. It was delicious. My friend was over last night and she loved it as well – saying it was so good she wanted to bathe in it. I’m not sure that I want to bathe in it, but I do know I thoroughly enjoyed the leftovers for lunch today.
Recipe adapted from Simply Recipes
A delicious potato salad recipe with bacon to take it to the next level
5 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 4 Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into 1 inch piece (don't peel them)
- 7-8 strips of bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup chives, chopped
- 2-3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 pickles, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, whole
- salt, pepper to taste
- Add potatoes to cold water, bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer, add salt, 2 cloves garlic and 2 bay leaves. Cook until potatoes are soft, 15-20 minutes. Drain potatoes.
- In separate bowl mix together remaining ingredients and add the potatoes.