Chickpea and Onion Salad with Tomatoes Cucumbers Herbs – This is a very simple salad to throw together easily and you have a weeknight vegan meal.
This is a very simple salad to throw together, toss into the fridge and serve 45 minutes later when all the juices and flavors have had time to marinate. You can definitely play around with the ingredients and add different toppings, herbs, etc. I usually make salads with some sort of leafy green (spinach, lettuce, romaine) as the base but the chickpeas provide a nice alternative.
Recipe Adapted from Dishing the Divine
A simple yet filling salad with chickpeas and fresh veggies. A great combination perfect for lunch.
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 small Perisan cucumbers, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/4 small red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese (omit for vegan version)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt, pepper, to taste
- Combine ingredients in a large bowl. Toss to combine. Refrigerate for 45 minutes.