Since one of my favorite ways to waste valuable time is by scrolling through the gorgeous food pictures accepted by Food Gawker (none of which are mine, tear tear), I do get a lot of my cooking ideas from there. This dish being no exception. Strangely enough though, I saw numerous bloggers all making this one dish. Must be good then right? Exactly. It’s delicious. There’s just something about the sweetness of the cherry tomatoes mixed with the slightly crispy chicken. And the heavy cream. I do love heavy cream. This dish doesn’t require too much of it. All you need is a couple splashes, and trust me it’s worth the calories here. Perfect quick dish for a weeknight dinner.
Chicken with Cherry Tomato Cream Sauce
Recipe Adapted from Annie’s Eats
A simple chicken recipe that will have you wiping your plate clean
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 2 chicken breasts, halved (you should end up with 4 thin pieces)
- 1/2-3/4 cup panko crumbs
- salt, pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika (I used Hungarian paprika)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 12 oz cherry tomatoes
- 4-6 tablespoons heavy cream
- fresh parsley, chopped to garnish
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dip each piece into panko, patting the crumbs down so they stick well.
- In a bowl combine butter, garlic oregano and paprika. Mix until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Over medium-high heat add 1 tablespoon butter and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add chicken, in a single layer and cook until lightly browned on each side (3-5 minutes per side). Remove chicken from skillet and loosely cover with aluminum foil.
- Add onion to the pan and cook until translucent, a few minutes. Remove.
- Increase heat to high and add tomatoes. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes are slightly charred, add remaining butter, and then using a spoon lightly push down on the tomatoes to release the juices.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, add heavy cream to pan, stirring to incorporate tomatoes. Cook for 1-2 minutes more.
- To serve slice chicken breasts, top with tomato cream sauce and fresh chopped parsley.