This simple breakfast or brunch salad that will have you jumping out of bed. Smoked salmon, fried eggs, pesto, cucumbers and salad leaves make for a low calorie, low carb breakfast to kickstart your day.
I never used to look forward to breakfast. Cereal, pancakes, eh, not that exciting if you ask me.
But once I came up with the smoked salmon and fried eggs combo, that’s when I really started thinking about breakfast.
This smoked salmon and eggs salad is perfect for breakfast, brunch or an early lunch if you ask me. And hey, who says you can’t have a brunch salad for dinner, too?
A hearty brunch salad that is simple, low in carbohydrates and low in calories, yet without having to sacrifice a loss in flavor. Now how often can you really say that?
A simple breakfast or brunch salad that will have you jumping out of bed. Smoked salmon, fried eggs, pesto, cucumbers and salad leaves. Low cal, low carb
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time
- 2 fried eggs
- handful of salad greens (arugula)
- 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon basil pesto (vegan pesto for dairy free version)
- several slices smoked salmon
- Spread salad greens on a plate. Top with fried eggs, and place cucumber and smoked salmon around the eggs.
- Sprinkle with pesto.