Ah it feels good to be home.
After gallivanting around the world for 11 months, flying into New York to be greeted by my parents and then 9 of my closest family members was simply the best welcoming of all.
And for that welcoming to blend into my birthday celebrations filled with non stop eating, drinking and pool partying for the next 2 days just made everything even better.
Though over the year we’ve had some incredible experiences and seen some amazing places there is nothing quite like being surrounded by all your own people and catching up with them.
So I truly had an amazing time last weekend and couldn’t have been happier to see everyone. Thanks especially of course to my parents who organized everything and supplied the dozens of bottles of Prosecco to keep things entertaining.
So if you’ve got a gathering of friends or family coming up treat them to this brunch appetizer. An avocado pesto egg salad (no mayo here) served on cucumber slices (or crackers if you’re not counting carbs).
A new take on the classic egg salad. Instead of mayo use pesto and avocado to bring the mix together and serve on cucumber slices for a carb free appetizer.
15 minPrep Time
15 minTotal Time
- 1/2 avocado, cubed
- 2 hard boiled eggs, cubed
- 1-2 tablespoons vegan pesto
- handful fresh basil, slivered
- 1-2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1-2 teaspoons lemon juice
- salt/pepper to taste
- 1/2 long cucumber, sliced into rounds
- In a bowl combine all ingredients except the cucumber slices. Mix until smooth.
- Top each cucumber slice with a spoonful of the egg salad mix. Sprinkle with additional fresh basil.