This smoked salmon avocado salad is the perfect brunch salad to start the day. Crunchy romaine with eggs, smoked salmon, sliced avocado, green onions and a homemade Asian dressing. Yum. And it’s gluten free and dairy free too.
Since we’re heading back to Asia soon I’m trying to eat as many salads as possible. I just love the crunch and freshness of a proper salad. It brings my wilted body back to life.
If I haven’t been eating healthy (too many chips or fries) my body just begs for some fresh crisp veggies. I could just eat salads all day long.
But if I’m going to do that I’ve got to have some variety. I can’t just eat a standard Ceasar salad day after day.
I like to switch things up with the veggies, the protein the dressing. There’s really an endless variety of possibilities with salads.
I love making salads at home because I get to decide how much of each ingredient I want. I have ordering a salad only to find there are two pieces of avocado and a sad excuse for a sliver of smoked salmon. It just makes me mad.
So don’t even risk the frustration. Make your own salads at home.
This smoked salmon avocado salad was a brunch salad I made for my mom and me which I came up with as I opened the fridge.
Don’t you just love those days when you come up with a recipe on the fly and it turns out to be a hit?
Got to love those.
This is a fairly simple salad with crunchy romaine lettuce, hard boiled eggs, smoked salmon, avocados, green onions, a sprinkling of sesame seeds and a homemade asian dressing. The result, though, is a flavorful, crispy, and fresh smoked salmon avocado salad that’s perfect for breakfast or even a light lunch or dinner.
Perfect brunch salad to start the day off right, Crunchy romaine with eggs, smoked salmon, avocado, green onions and a homemade Asian dressing. Yum.
15 minPrep Time
15 minTotal Time
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, sliced
- 1 avocado, cubed
- several sliced smoked salmon, thinly sliced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- salt/pepper to taste
- sprinkling of sesame seeds
- 2 hard boiled eggs, sliced
- For the dressing:
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (gluten free tamari for gluten free version)
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- To make the dressing combine soy sauce, lemon juice, sesame oil and garlic. Mix. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine romaine, smoked salmon, hard boiled eggs, green onions and avocado. Season with salt and pepper. Mix. Pour dressing over salad just before eating. (If too much dressing reserve some for next time).