One of my closest friends, S, from college is currently visiting us in Thailand. I love hosting people and especially love having friends over so this has been a great week for me.
We’ve been swimming, tanning, riding a motorbike around town, watching movies and most of all eating – my favorite activity.
I love to cook as much as I love to eat so could just hover between kitchen and table all day long.
One thing I hate though? Cleaning.
Without a dishwasher and with a kitchen measured more for a 5’2 person than for a 5’7 one, cleaning becomes even more of a hassle.
Luckily for me though, this week I have my very own kitchen assistant, S. She grabs things from the fridge for me, and best of all cleans up all the kitchen messes.
Who could ask for a better house guest?
I made this for lunch the other week and seriously love love loved it. The taste of the lightly fried and crispy garlic, with the toasted nutty almonds, the soft cauliflower and then the rich sauce is just perfect. Perfect harmony.
So I made this again the other day for lunch and loved it even more.
A new go to lunch recipe.
Simple cauliflower couscous with toasted almonds and garlic. This dinner dish will blow your mind. Dairy free and can be made gluten free
15 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 1 head cauliflower, cut up
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 5 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 lemon, zested
- 2 tablespoons whole grain dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 cup couscous, use quinoa for gluten-free version
- 1 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Heat 3 tablespoons oil over medium heat and add sliced garlic cloves. Cook until garlic is lightly browned and then remove from pan.
- To pan add cut up cauliflower, only add half at a time if pan can't hold all the cauliflower. Cook until browned, flip over and cook on other side until browned. Remove and add remaining cauliflower. Add salt to taste.
- While cauliflower is cooking add 1 tablespoon oil to pot and add couscous. Cook 1-2 mins until lightly toasted. Add vegetable broth, bring to a boil. Remove from heat and cover with a lid for 7 minutes. Fluff with a fork and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine minced garlic, mustard, lemon juice, zest and mayonnaise. Mix until smooth.
- Serve couscous topped with cauliflower, sliced almonds, garlic and dressing.