This Creamy Vegan Zucchini Soup recipe is very easy to make and has a lot of flavor, too! Perfect for a cold day. Gluten-free, low calorie and low carb too. Only 6 ingredients needed!
You know you’ve been away from Boston for too long when you completely forget about the St Patrick’s Day holiday entirely. This year (and last year), while we’ve been traveling we’ve probably forgotten about a few holidays, not the main ones, who can forget Christmas, New Years or Thanksgiving, but some of the tier two holidays simply slip right past us.
Luckily with all the other food bloggers out there posting green themed recipes, I was reminded that it is in fact St Patrick’s time.
So for a belated St Patrick’s Day I’m sharing my creamy vegan zucchini soup. Another great soup recipe to add to my collection.
In my defense I did actually eat this yesterday on St. Patrick’s Day so subconsciously unknowingly I was in the green spirit myself.
No matter what day it is though, this soup is downright amazing. I’m all about the creamy blended soups lately, so get ready for a whole lot of them.
This is perfect for all my Northeast US readers as I hear spring is late to arrive and winter is lingering around longer than usual.
On a dark cold night, this creamy vegan zucchini soup will warm you right up.
Easy to make with only a handful of ingredients – onion, garlic, zucchini, stock and coconut milk. That’s it! And you know how much I already love squash already right? You should be able to tell from the zucchini veggie burger recipe or the pan fried patty pan squash.
Definitely one of my new favorite soup recipes.
Vegan Creamy Zucchini Soup is easy to make and full of flavor. Perfect for a cold day. Gluten free too.
5 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large zucchini, (over 1 pound), quartered and thinly sliced
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- fresh herbs to garnish (scallions)
- Heat oil in a pot over medium heat and add onions and garlic. Cook for a few minutes until soft.
- Add zucchini and cook for a few minutes until softened.
- Add vegetable stock and salt to taste. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and in batch blend in a blender or with an immersion blender.
- Return soup to the pot and add coconut milk. Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- Serve garnished with fresh herbs (optional)
This post has been shared on Marvelous Mondays, Melt In Your Mouth Monday Recipe Blog Hop, I Should be Mopping the Floor, Flour Me with Love, Real Food Wednesday Fresh Food Wednesday Natural Living Monday