A vegan recipe for a creamy gluten free broccoli soup that is nutritious and delicious. Made creamy with the help of pistachio and coconut milk.
I love a good creamy broccoli soup. In college I used to get my fix from Panera and then post college I made my own copy cat version of their broccoli cheddar soup.
And now that I’m even more grown up I’ve now moved on to a creamy vegan broccoli soup. Yep I did it, creamy and vegan all in one bowl. Surprise surprise you don’t necessarily need cheese to get that silky texture I loved so much in Panera’s soup.
I just recently discovered the Love and Lemons blog and have been crushing on it hard core. Jeanine has some fabulous recipes and I’ve been inspired by more than a few of them in the past few weeks – this soup being the first of them.
I saw a broccoli pistachio soup recipe on her blog and thought it had just the right ring to it. More grown up sounding than broccoli and cheddar, that’s for sure. I made a few alterations of my own and within minutes, this cooks fast, I was slurping up my very own bowl of creamy vegan gluten free broccoli soup.
The pistachios and coconut milk give the soup a silky nutty just creamy enough texture.
So if you’re looking for more vegan soup recipes I’ve got you covered here.
A creamy vegan and gluten free broccoli soup that comes together in under 30 minutes.
5 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion (1/2 onion)
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 celery stalk diced
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 3-4 cups broccoli florets
- 3-4 cups vegetable broth
- salt to taste.
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- In a pot heat olive oil over medium heat and add onions. Cook for a couple minutes until translucent and add garlic, celery and turmeric.
- Cook for a couple more minutes until garlic is aromatic. Add broccoli and cook for a couple minutes until broccoli starts to turn a vibrant green.
- Add vegetable broth, pistachios and salt to taste. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until broccoli is soft and cooked through (should only be a few minutes).
- Transfer soup to a blender and blender in batched until creamy and smooth.
- Return soup to the pot, add coconut milk and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and serve.
Recipe Inspired By Love and Lemons