A vegan and gluten free creamy cauliflower and Asian lentils curry is perfect for a meatless filling and budget friendly meal.
I don’t cook with cauliflower too often but when I do I always jump to my favorite cauliflower couscous with garlic and toasted almonds recipe.
Time to branch out. There have got to be other delicious ways of incorporating cauliflower into your daily meals, don’t you think?
Meet my new favorite one – creamy and satisfying Asian lentils and cauliflower curry.
I browsed a few blogs online and settled on an idea for this cauliflower lentil curry. I pretty much never make or eat lentils and found so many different types of lentils at the Malaysian grocery store that I might have gone a bit overboard.
At one point my kitchen cabinets had just about every type of lentil there is – and seriously who knew there were so many?
For this Asian lentils and cauliflower curry recipe I went with the standard dried yellow lentils, not to be confused with yellow split peas – which are in fact a tad bit bigger and take longer to cook.
You know a dish is going to be a hit when the aromas in the kitchen have you drawn to the pot and constantly walking over to check to see if it’s finally ready for a taste test.
This easy to make vegan and gluten free Asian lentils and cauliflower curry was perfectly creamy and soft, yet with a slight Asian flavor twist thanks to the curry paste, ginger and coconut milk.
It is definitely going to be a regular in my cauliflower cooking rotation.
a vegan and gluten free creamy cauliflower and lentil curry with an Asian twist. Perfect for a meatless filling and budget friendly meal.
10 minPrep Time
40 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 2-3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup dry yellow lentils
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- Fresh cilantro and diced red chili pepper for garnish
- Heat pot over medium heat and add onion and oil. Cook for a few minutes until onion is translucent.
- Add minced garlic and ginger, and cook until aromatic (1-2 minutes).
- Add salt to taste, cumin powder, and red curry paste> Mix. Add 2.5 cups water, bring to a boil and add 1 cup dry yellow lentils. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer, and cook uncovered 20-40 minutes or until lentils are almost cooked through.
- Add cauliflower florets and coconut milk. Continue to cook until cauliflower is soft, a few minutes.
- Serve over rice topped with fresh cilantro and diced red chili pepper.
Recipe Adapted from Pinch Of Yum