A super moist and light vegan gluten free banana bread recipe with just a hint of sweetness and rich chocolaty flavor. Only one bowl required.
Lately I’ve been finding bananas to be a bit boring. They just don’t really have that wow factor that other fruits have for me. Now mangos, papaya, watermelon, blackberries, starfruit – these I understand. They’re just bursting with flavor and and you feel rejuvenated and brought to life after a single bite.
Now that’s what I’m looking for in my fruit.
But bananas, meh, nothing too exciting about them if you ask me.
I do still have a need for them though. I need them to help my avocados ripen faster. Have you heard of this trick? To speed up the avocado ripening process place bananas and avocados in the brown paper bag together and leave in a dark place.
This is where the bananas really shine. I kid you not – if you’re sitting there waiting for those avocados to finally be soft enough to eat, throw a few bananas into the bag.
What to do with those bananas after they’ve worked their magic though?
Best idea I’ve had all week to turn my overripe lonely looking trio of bananas slowly deteriorating on the kitchen counter into a one bowl moist and delicious vegan gluten free banana bread recipe.
With just a light hint of sweetness and a scattering of rich dark chocolate chunks this vegan gluten free banana bread recipe makes for the perfect afternoon snack, breakfast or dessert.
You can really taste the banana flavor with a slighty nutty aftertaste thanks to the almond flour and butter.
Naturally you simply can’t go wrong with high quality rich dark chocolate bits either.
For when you’ve got a few bananas left over don’t hesitate and make this quick and moist banana bread.
Only one bowl required. Baking simply doesn’t get simpler than this.
A super moist and light vegan gluten-free banana bread recipe with just a hint of sweetness and rich chocolately flavor. Only one bowl required.
20 minPrep Time
60 minCook Time
1 hr, 20 Total Time
- 1 chia egg ( 1 tablespoon chia seeds with 2.5 tablespoons water)
- 3 over ripe bananas
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch sea salt
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 2 and 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons agave
- 1 and 3/4 cup almond meal/flour
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- 1/4 cup dairy-free dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- To make the chia egg combine chia seeds and water in a large mixing bowl and set aside for 5 minutes.
- To the bowl add the bananas and mash.
- To the same bowl add baking soda, salt, almond butter, coconut oil, sugar, and agave. Mix until smooth.
- Add the almond meal/flour, gluten free flour and dark chocolate chips.
- Pour into loaf pan and bake for 1 hour. You can tell when it's ready by checking that it is firm and the top is a bit cracked.
- Do not cut until the banana bread has cooled completely.
Recipe Adapted from Minimalist Baker
This post has been shared on Melt in Your Mouth Mondays, Inspiration Monday, MIX IT UP MONDAYS, Mostly Homemade Mondays,Natural Living Mondays, , Hot Fun in the Summertime ,, TASTY TUESDAYS ,Totally Talented Tuesdays, Fat Tuesday,Share Your Stuff Tuesday, Tickle My Tastebuds Tuesday Fresh Foods Wednessday , Real Food Wednesdays, Gluten-Free Wednesdays, Allergy-Free Wednesdays, Wellness Wednesdays , Full Plate Thursdays, Simple Meals Friday Gluten Free Friday, Get Him Fed Fridays,