This chicken sausage sweet potato hash with eggs recipe is one of my new favorite breakfast dishes. Start the day off right with this protein filled rich and delicious dish. Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free too.
I always seem to be in denial of my love of breakfast. When people talk about how breakfast is their favorite meal of the day, I always kind of scrunch up my face and start to argue how lunch or dinner are most obviously so much better.
But now that I really think about it, I pretty much really do love breakfast.
I cannot start my day without a proper breakfast. No more of that run out the door with a Natura Valley granola bar in hand like I did in college.
I wake up in the morning completely famished and seriously need to eat something asap or I turned into a total monster.
Somehow a cold breakfast just doesn’t do it for me. It feels like the morning is incomplete if I just have to make do with a granola bar, yogurt or cereal.
I need eggs. Like everyday.
Nothing makes me happier in the morning than eggs for breakfast. They can be accompanied with a variety of different things. I’ll take bacon, smoked salmon, avocados with lemon juices, cucumber, alflalfa sprouts. Only the eggs need to be the common denominator. For a while I was in love with my pulled pork breakfast but I knew I could come up with a different winning breakfast dish too.
I usually don’t stray too far from the soft boiled egg with sliced up avocados combo but when I found this recipe for a chicken sausage sweet potato hash with eggs I almost squealed with excitement.
Well in my mind at least.
Here we’ve got the chicken sausage and the eggs too. Move over soft boiled eggs with avocados, there’s a new favorite breakfast dish in town — this chicken sausage sweet potato hash and rosemary.
A great way to start the day. Lightly browned sweet potatoes wrapped in the delicate rosemary essence with protein filled chicken sausage and slightly goey and runny eggs.
Oh, a plate of chicken sausage sweet potato hash with runny eggs is certainly the best way to welcome the day.
This chicken sausage and sweet potato has with eggs recipe is one of my new favorite breakfast dishes. Start the day off right with this protein filled rich and delicious dish. Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free too.
5 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 1 pound raw gluten-free chicken sausage
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 3 cups diced sweet potatoes (2 medium sweet potatoes)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, diced
- 4 eggs
- fresh basil, slivered, to garnish
- In large pan heat coconut oil and cook chicken sausage over medium heat, crumbling them up as they cook. Cook until browned.
- While chicken sausage is cooking in a large bowl toss the sweet potatoes with the olive oil, salt and fresh rosemary.
- When sausage is cooked, remove from pan and cook the sweet potatoes in a pan over medium heat, covered to help them cook faster. Remove pan cover to help them brown a bit.
- When sweet potatoes are cooked add the chicken sausage back to the pan and mix together. Form 4 nests in the mixture and crack the eggs into the nest.
- Cook over medium-low heat until eggs are set and cooked through.
- Serve slivered with fresh basil, with salt/pepper, to taste.
Recipe Adapted From This Gal Cooks
This post has been shared on:
Melt in Your Mouth Mondays, Inspiration Monday, Mostly Homemade Mondays,Natural Living Mondays, , TASTY TUESDAYS ,Totally Talented Tuesdays, Fat Tuesday,Share Your Stuff Tuesday, Tickle My Tastebuds Tuesday Fresh Foods Wednessday , Real Food Wednesdays, Gluten-Free Wednesdays, The Wednessday Roundup ,Allergy-Free Wednesdays, Wellness Wednesdays , Full Plate Thursdays, Simple Meals Friday, Pennywise Platter Thursday Gluten Free Friday, Get Him Fed Fridays,