This gluten-free blueberry granola bar makes for the perfect afternoon snack. Made with golden berry, these granola bars are lightly sweet, tart and salty all at once, these superfood packed bars are both healthy and delicious.
I have lately been dreaming about creating my own granola mix and granola bars.
Like envisioning myself as the new Mrs. Fields — but in the granola instead of the cookies market. I only recently fell head over heels with granola actually. All of a sudden something clicked and once Dave purchased a bag of granola to munch on in Croatia I was hooked.
Somehow no matter where I was in the room, I gravitated towards the bag of granola and flat out thought of nothing else until the bag was licked clean.
Seriously in love with granola. And once you fall in love with granola you start to realize that the granola bar market is seriously lacking. There are so many over sweetened super unhealthy not even delicious granola bars out there.
Have you seen the ingredient lists of some of those bars? Umm like 16+ ingredients. Seriously?
Why are we adding all of these fake sugar substitutes and ingredients that you cannot even pronounce? Granola bars are simple. A few dried fruits, some nuts, oats, and honey (or maple syrup).
It doesn’t need to be so complicated. There doesn’t need to high fructose corn syrup, soy lecithin, or hydrogenated oils.
Natural and delicious is what I’m talking about. And hence, this blueberry granola bar recipe.
And these granola bars have an added special touch – a superfood. Freeze dried golden berries. Golden berries are incredibly high in vitamins A, C, fiber and antioxidants.
And these little bundles of deliciousness are also ever so slightly tart and just bursting with flavor.
Definitely the perfect way to add some crunch surprisingly hint of flavor into a blueberry granola bar.
Granola bars are so easy to make at home with a mix of dried fruit, nuts, coconut flakes, almond butter and honey. After baking sprinkle with a bit of sea salt to give these the perfect balance of sweet, tart and salty.
Not sure you can find a healthier and more delicious on the go afternoon snack or quick breakfast treat.
Gluten-Free golden berry granola bars make for the perfect afternoon snack. Lightly sweet, tart and salty all at once, these superfood packed bars are both healthy and delicious.
15 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1/2 cup organic raw cashew pieces
- 1/4 cup organic raw almonds, chopped
- 1/4 cup gluten-free oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened organic coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup organic almond butter
- 1/4 cup honey (use maple syrup for vegan version)
- 1/4 cup freeze dried golden berries , crushed
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries (optional)
- splash of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients. Mix until smooth.
- Line a 6x6 baking pan with parchment paper and add granola mix to the pan.
- Use extra sheet of parchment paper to place on top of the granola mix just to flatten and even out the mixture. Remove the top parchment paper before baking.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until browned (I prefer baking them longer). Sprinkle baked bars with sea salt (optional)
- Wait until mix has cooled before slicing into bars.
Recipe Adapted from Not Your Standard
This recipe has been shared on Melt in Your Mouth Mondays,Inspiration Monday, Mix It Up Monday, Mostly Home Made Mondays , Natural Living Monday , TASTY TUESDAYS ,Totally Talented Tuesdays, Fat Tuesday,Share Your Stuff Tuesday, Tickle My Tastebuds Tuesday Fresh Food Wednesday, Real Food Wednesdays, Gluten-Free Wednesdays, The Wednesday Roundup, Allergy-Free Wednesdays, Full Plate Thursdays, Simple Lives Thursday , Pennywise Platter Thursday , Simple Meals Friday, Gluten Free Friday,