Vegan cauliflower fritters with chickpea and quinoa – packed full of vitamins, nutrients and flavors. Also loaded with spinach, parsley and scallions these are perfect for a meatless meal. Sometimes I have super lazy cooking days. I don’t make much, and will nibble on random things all day. I’m not always charging around the kitchen creating up new kitchen masterpieces.
As a snack I love my sunflower seeds, and every now and then will do really odd things like eat an entire can of baby corn. And yes I will nibble on it as if it was a regular sized ear of corn – Tom Hanks in Big style. You know what I’m talking about right?
Today was almost going to be one of those days but then I stumbled upon this recipe. I was instantly inspired.
I threw the computer aside and ran over to the kitchen, flipping my hair up and tying my apron on in a hurry.
The original recipe calls for quinoa cauliflower fritters with eggs and cheese. I was in the mode for a vegan makeover of this recipe.
Instead of eggs, I went with the veganized chia egg (which I already tested out once with a vegan gluten-fee banana bread recipe) where you mix chia seeds with water, let it sit for a few minutes and the mixture turns jelly-esque and it’s a great replacement for an egg.
Instead of cheese I added some chickpeas and spinach. Essentially what we end up is a powerhouse of vitamins and nutrients all packed into one adorable little fritter. We’ve got garlic, parsley, scallions, spinach, chickpeas, cauliflower, and quinoa.
This vegan cauliflower fritters with chickpea and quino is incredibly healthy and good for you.
Now how can you resist making these as soon as possible?
The vegan cauliflower fritters are lightly crispy on the outside and just bursting with freshness with every bite. A perfect meatless meal if you ask me.
Serve the vegan cauliflower fritters sandwiched between two slices of bread or on a simple salad of spinach leaves and red onion.
What’s your favorite fritter recipe?
How to make vegan cauliflower fritters
Both vegen and gluten free these cauliflower chickpea and quinoa fritters s are packed full of vitamins, nutrients and flavors. Full of spinach, parsley and scallions these are perfect for a meatless meal.
20 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 tablespoon whole grain dijon mustard
- 6 scallions
- handful parsley
- 3 ounces spinach
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1 - 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup quinoa flour (plus a few more tablespoons more for forming fritters) (can use a gluten-free breadcrumb mix instead)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- In a bowl combine chia seeds and water, and set them aside for 5-10 minutes to turn to jelly.
- In a food processor pulse the cauliflower until it resembles rice or couscous. To the food processor add spinach and chickpeas.
- Pulse a few more times until spinach and chickpeas broken down and everything is mixed together and crumbled (without being completely smooth). Remove and place in a large bowl.
- To the food processor add parsley, scallions, spinach and garlic. Pulse until finely diced.
- Add parlsey mixture to the bowl with the cauliflower mix. Mix.
- To the bowl add salt, a chia seed mixture. Mix until smooth. Add quinoa, and quinoa flour and mix.
- Freeze mixture for 15-30 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon coconut oil in a pan over medium heat. Form patties out of the mixture and lightly dredge in additional quinoa flour on both sides, flattening the patty down. Repeat for remaining patties.
- Pan fry until crispy on both sides. Repeat with rest of the patties, adding more coconut oil as needed.
Recipe inspired by Sprouted Kitchen
Serve over a simple salad or sandwiched between two slices of gluten-free bread
This post has been shared on Melt in Your Mouth Mondays,Inspiration Monday, Mostly Home Made Mondays , Natural Living Monday , Tasty Tuesdays, Totally Talented Tuesdays, Fat Tuesday, Tickle My Tastebuds Tuesday,Fresh Food Wednesday, Real Food Wednesdays, Gluten-Free Wednesdays,The Wednesday Roundup, Allergy-Free Wednesdays, Wellness Wednesdays, Full Plate Thursdays, Simple Lives Thursday , Pennywise Platter Thursday , Simple Meals Friday, Gluten Free Fridays,