A light and flavorful pumpkin white bean quinoa pumpkin veggie burger. Both vegan and gluten-free and bursting with fresh fall flavors like sage and rosemary.
Remember how I professed my love for all things pumpkin a few posts back? Well the love affair continues. I love being back in New England for the fall, where the leaves are a golden orange and red and pumpkins are everywhere.
From carved decorative pumpkin, to pumpkin food to pumpkin beer, oh boy do not even get my started on pumpkin beer. As I write this post I’m enjoy a Blue Moon Harvest Pumpkin Ale, not quite sure it’s my favorite, but good thing I didn’t commit to a full six pack. Instead I bought a six pack of pick your own, so I filled mine up with all different kinds of pumpkin beers, and a pumpkin cider.
I’ve recently dipped into the world of pumpkin ciders, which I also love. Then there’s always the slutty pumpkin and the headless horseman. Got to love the creativity of bartenders. For those of you not in the loop a slutty pumpkin is a pumpkin beer with a shot of vanilla vodka. The headless horseman is half a pumpkin beer, half a Guinness.
Both are delightful. Especially with a cinnamon sugar rim. I don’t even like sweets, but once that pint glass is dipped in a mix of cinnamon, sugar, and a pumpkiny fall spiced beer filled up, I’m simply in heaven. Hmm, oh the flavors of fall.
On that note, after you’ve had your fill of pumpkin themed drinks, it’s time for a pumpkin themed vegan and gluten-free dinner meal.
Did you know I’m obsessed with veggie burgers too? So why not combine my love of both pumpkins and veggie burgers into one?
Cue white beans quinoa pumpkin veggie burger. These babies are full of fall flavors with sprinklings of fresh sage and rosemary and are healthy to the max. I’ve even thrown in some chia seeds and a full head of oven roasted garlic.
But they’re also incredibly “meaty” (is that a strange way to describe veggie burgers) and filling? With the quinoa flour and gluten-free panko breadcrumbs they hold together perfectly and stay nice and firm.
Pretty much the perfect meatless gluten-free meal right here. This pumpkin veggie burger is best served with bread, or simply slathered with hummus, and topped with alfalfa sprouts and chopped tomatoes.
For more veggie burger ideas make sure you check out my:
A light and flavorful pumpkin white bean and quinoa veggie burger. Both vegan and gluten-free and bursting with fresh fall flavors like sage and rosemary.
30 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 2 cups boiled cubed pumpkin
- 1 can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 head oven roasted garlic
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup quinoa flour
- 1/2 cup gluten free panko breadcrumbs (plus more for dredging)
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil (more ad needed for cooking)
- In a food processor combine pumpkin, white beans, garlic, chia, salt, sage and rosemary. Pulse a few times until everything is broken up and mixed together.
- Place mixture in a large bowl and add quinoa, red onion, quinoa flour and gluten free panko. Mix until smooth.
- Freeze mixture for 30 minutes (to help the patties firm up and stay together while cooking).
- Heat coconut oil in a large pan and form large handful of mixture into circular round patties. Lightly dredge in additional panko breadcrumbs and pan fry on both sides for a few minutes until browned. Repeat with remaining veggie burger mix.
- Serve over salad or on gluten free bread with tomatoes, alfalfa sprouts, and hummus.
This post has been shared on
Melt in Your Mouth Mondays,Inspiration Monday, Mix it up Mondays , Mostly Home Made Mondays , Natural Living Monday , Totally Talented Tuesdays, Fat Tuesday, Tickle My Tastebuds Tuesday, Real Food Wednesdays, Gluten-Free Wednesdays,The Wednesday Roundup, Allergy-Free Wednesdays,, Full Plate Thursdays, Simple Lives Thursday , Pennywise Platter Thursday , Gluten Free Fridays,