A great appetizer to indulge in, gluten free 7 layer dip is easy to make at home with a handful of ingredients. Cheesey, creamy and rich this is the perfect appetizer to finish the year off with!
I have been making this 7 layer dip recipe for years. There’s just something so comforting about layers upon layers of rich and creamy deliciously fresh ingredients all stacked one on top of the other. There’s just so much deliciousness in every layer.
There aren’t enough layered foods out there. The concept is perfect. This way with every single bite you get a little bit of ever part of the whole dish.
None of that chasing your fork around the salad bowl trying to make sure you pierced through one of every ingredients scattered around the bowl, hiding under layers of romaine.
It’s pretty simple here. Just deeply dip a corn tortilla chip in and scoop up a bit of everything.
For the vegetarians out there, simply omit the meat and enjoy this gluten free 7 layer dip recipe with a vegetarian spin.
I love that this dip is hot too. Also not enough hot dips out there. Sure we all know the traditional spinach and artichoke dip but how many other hot dips can you think of?
And yes, this gluten free 7 layer dip might not exactly be detox diet friendly which is exactly why I’m sharing this right before 2015 strikes. You officially have one more day left for all those food indulgences before New Years resolutions have to start.
Are you making some New Years resolutions this year?
Mine always start with super ambitious weight loss and workout plans which very quickly start to unravel as the New Year starts.
This year will be no different, I will be equally as ambitious in all my New Years resolutions and will naturally stuff my face before January 1 sets in.
So Dec 31 is a perfect day to whip up a large batch of this delicious and irresistible gluten free 7 layer dip!
A great appetizer to indulge in, seven layer dip is easy to make at home with a handful of ingredients. Cheesey, creamy and rich this is the perfect appetizer to finish the year off with! Gluten-Free.
5 minPrep Time
40 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 pound ground beef, chicken or turkey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup sliced black olives
- 2 cups shredded extra sharp cheddar
- 1/2-1 cup sour cream
- 2-3 tomatoes, cubed
- 2 avocados, mashed
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- Preheat over to 350 degree F.
- Heat pan over medium heat. Add oil and ground meat. Cook until browned and cooked through. Add seasoning (salt, cumin, paprika cayenne) and mix. Add black beans and mix. Remove from heat.
- In a loaf pan or other baking pan layer ground meat, olives, and cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly. Broil for the last minute to get the cheese lightly browned.
- Top with layer of sour cream, tomatoes, avocados, lime juice and green onions.