Vegan Arugula Salad with Quinoa Avocado Chickpea Croutons is full of delicious flavors and makes for a perfect lunch or dinner meal. The crunchy chickpeas and sharp sun dried tomatoes mix perfectly with the other ingredients. Gluten-Free too.
After a solid six weeks of all sorts of bad eating and limited exercise it’s salad time.
Somehow that holiday eating that started around Christmas Eve seemed to last until February for me this year. Cousin family time went on for 3 weeks, and then almost a week of parent family time, and then 2 weeks of friend time.
Absolutely no time for gym outings and healthy eating during those days. It was all about splurge and indulge. Therefore now it is all about discipline and health.
But I am also equally as enthusiastic about chips, cheesy bread and beer. And that’s where the problems come in.
So now that the holidays are full and sufficiently over, yes I know it took me a full month longer than everybody else to get over the holidays, but alas I have finally come around, it’s take for some lifestyle changes.
Hello New Years resolutions, I am just now getting around to taking a good look at you.
With open arms I welcome salads into my life.
Not just any salads. Not your basic boring wilty lettuce, drooping tomatoes salads. None of those.
If I’m going to be eating salads they are going to be stellar. The flavors are going to pop and I promise you will want more of my salads, and will not even be considering the burgers, fried foods or anything else you could be having instead.
So when making this vegan arugula salad, where I decided to just add a sprinkling of quinoa as I did in my massaged kale quinoa salad, I thought this needed something unique.
Chickpea croutons were calling my name. Now I had never made chickpea croutons before, but I knew there was a can of chickpeas lurking in the kitchen somewhere and I simply felt the need to roast them. Not just roast them but toasty crispy crunchy roast them. That requires an additional few minutes of roasting.
The result? Perfectly crunchy chickpeas crisieys, chips, croutons, you name them what you want, they’re delicious. And then we’re talking arugula mixed with just a hint of quinoa, sun-dried tomatoes, and avocados.
Party in your mouth. All day long. Yes!
Vegan Arugula Quinoa Avocado Salad with Chickpea Croutons is full of delicious flavors and makes for a perfect lunch or dinner meal. The crunchy chickpeas and sharp sun dried tomatoes mix perfectly with the other ingredients. Gluten-Free too.
5 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 can chickpeas, drained, rinsed, peeled, dried
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1teaspoon salt
- dash garlic powder
- 3-5 ounces arugula
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes
- 1 avocado, diced and sprinkled with lemon juice
- 2/3 cup cooked quinoa
- salt/pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a large bowl mix chickpeas with cumin, smoked paprika, salt, garlic powder and olive oil.
- Spread chickpeas in single layer on baking sheet and bake for 20-30 minutes, or until chickpeas are slightly browned and crispy. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine arugula, sun dried tomatoes, avocado and quinoa. Toss until mixed. Add salt/pepper to taste.
- Serve sprinkled with oven roasted chickpeas, sprinkled with additional olive oil as needed for the dressing.