Quinoa Power Bowl with Roasted Veggies and Avocado Sauce is made with oven roasted beets, sweet potatoes, cauliflower, asparagus and pan toasted chickpeas, served over a fluffy bed of quinoa and drizzled with a creamy and flavorful avocado dressing. The ultimate feel good meal. Gluten Free & Vegan.
Quinoa power bowls are my new favorite meal right now..
And I literally mean favorite. This vegan quinoa power bowl with roasted veggies and avocado sauce is the ultimate healthy, nourishing and feel good meal.
Probably one of the healthiest things I’ve ever made. And for that to be one of the most delicious too is pretty much the best combination ever. Don’t you just love when healthy food is actually super delicious? So often I feel like healthy food can get a bad rap and so many people frequently opt for junk food or just food that isn’t healthy instead. But this doesn’t have to be the case. What I love about this quinoa power bowl is that it ticks both the healthy and the tasty box at the same time. This is the kind of nourishing meal our bodies need.
One of the highlights in these bowls for me is the roasted beets. All the beet haters out there simply must not have ever tried roasted beets. Beets take on a whole new dimension and taste profile when roasted. Something magical happens to them in the oven and I cannot believe I have never roasted them before.
Even though beets are such a prominent ingredient in Russian cooking I rarely cook with them, and when I do I just boil them. That is definitely not the way that the beet flavors really shine.
So this recipe came to me when D and I had rented an apartment for a few days in Vancouver so that I could catch up on some cooking. Well naturally I went way way overboard at the grocery store and bought $200 worth of groceries for a 4 day stay.
Yep, I’m insane and pretty much need to be kept on a tight leash at the grocery store. All my friends already know this about me – pretty much forcing me to write out a list and keep to it any time they go to the store with me.
So naturally I needed to find a way to use up the obscene amount of groceries I had in the fridge staring at me with guilt inducing eyes every time I opened that fridge door.
What to do with a full pound of asparagus, three beets, a head of cauliflower and one sweet potato?
Roast ’em all. First off they all shrivel in size a bit, making them less daunting to eat, and second of all they will taste ah-mazing in any quinoa power bowl you make.
Seriously roasted veggies = the best things ever. Lightly crispy, smoky, caramelized, ah they are the best.
I threw in a bit of leftover chickpeas into the mix, pan toasted first.
Then I got the blender to work with a creamy dreamy avocado sauce.
I could barely contain my excitement in the kitchen. This quinoa power bowl is just oozing vitamins and nutrients. And there is an endless variety of toppings for these. You could top the quinoa with pesto brussel sprouts, broccoli steaks, a vegan mushroom stir fry, – you get the idea.
So for your next dinner, treat your body to a delicious quinoa power bowl. I promise you’ll love them.
And if you love these then I know you’ll also love my vegan avocado quinoa pineapple salad, sweet potato tofu burger, sweet potato and chickpea salad, and my vegan quinoa roasted veggie buddha bowls with creamy pesto tahini sauce.
How to make quinoa power bowl with avocado sauce
Serves 1/3 of recipe
Quinoa Power Bowls with Roasted Veggies and Avocado Sauce are made with oven roasted beets, sweet potatoes, cauliflower, asparagus and pan toasted chickpeas, served over a fluffy bed of quinoa and drizzled with a creamy and flavorful avocado dressing. The ultimate feel good meal. Gluten Free & Vegan.
20 minPrep Time
45 minCook Time
1 hr, 5 Total Time
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 3 beets, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 large or 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2 inch cubes
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 pound asparagus, thick ends cut off
- salt, to taste
- few tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 and 1/2 cups chickpeas
- For the dressing:
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup water (or more depending on desired consistency)
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Heat pot over medium heat, add 2 teaspoon olive oil and quinoa. Toast for a few minutes until quinoa starting to brown. Add vegetable broth, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered 15-20 minutes until quinoa cooked through.
- Separately toss each of the veggies with a drizzle of olive oil (just to coat them) and salt to taste.
- Place in single layer on baking sheet and roast in preheated oven until cooked through. The beets and sweet potatoes with need 40-45 minutes, the asparagus will need 20 minutes and the cauliflower will need 25 mins.
- Heat pan over medium heat and add 1 teaspoon olive oil. Add chickpeas and toast until browned.
- In a blender combine the ingredients for the dressing and process until smooth.
Calories 773 % Daily Value* Total Fat 36.3g 56% Saturated Fat 8.1g 41% Cholesterol 0g 0% Sodium 190.9mg 8% Total Carbohydrate 95.6g 32% Dietary Fiber 21.1g 84% Sugars 18.2g Protein 25g 50% Vitamin A 50% Vitamin C 183% Calcium 17% Iron 56%