A classic Russian meal of sliced chicken sausage and cabbage with onions and carrots topped. One of those simple comfort meals you can’t say no to. Gluten Free and Dairy Free too.
I love it when my mom cooks for me. As the self proclaimed cooking enthusiast in the family the head chef role in the kitchen usually falls on me.
And most of the time I am more than happy to prepare meals and buzz about in the kitchen.
Sometimes though, it really is simply a pleasure to have somebody else cook for you. To come home from a long trip to a hot meal that is just waiting for you.
This chicken sausage and cabbage dish is the exact meal that was waiting for me after one of my standard friend reunions. After eating out for a few days and cooking for my friends it was a welcome surprise to get back and not have to think about feeding myself.
This chicken sausage and cabbage hash with carrots is a class simple Russian meal. Made with cabbage, carrots, onions, and chicken sausage you can easily whip this up with just a handful of ingredients and it’s one of those comfort meals you can never say no to.
A classic Russian meal of sauteed cabbage with onions and carrots topped with sliced chicken sausage. One of those simple comfort meals you can't say no to. Gluten Free and Dairy Free too.
5 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 1/2 large head of cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, grated
- 2 small onions, peeled and diced
- 1 pound raw chicken sausage
- 1-2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 scallions, chopped
- Heat pan over medium heat and cook cabbage until the water moisture from the cabbage has cooked off. Once that happens add 1 tablespoon oil and carrots and cook for a few minutes.
- Move the cabbage and carrots to the side, and cook onions in the other side of the pan (adding more oil if needed). Once onions are translucent mix everything together and continue to cook for a few more minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a separate pan heat 1 teaspoon oil and cook the chicken sausage. Once cooked through slice into thin rounds.
- Serve cabbage topped with chicken sausage rounds and green onions.