These vegan peach coconut almond clusters are packed full of delicious and healthy ingredients to make for a truly guilt free dessert option.
It has been a busy busy week. After a few days of driving into Boston during rush hour traffic for a conference and being completely sleep deprived, while also trying to pack my life together for a six month Central America travel adventure I was completely exhausted.
So flying down to Florida to celebrate my best friend’s birthday with her could not have come at a better time.
Wine, martinis, good food, sleeping in, Sex and the City watching marathons are all what I needed.
Sometime you just need to relax, take everything in, and really indulge.
I am indulging. Snacking galore. I’m not even a sweets loving person and I actually willing grabbed a Ferrer Rocher chocolate ball – a big change for me.
Maybe I am starting to like sweets more than before. Maybe it’s a 27 thing.
Cue these vegan peach coconut almond clusters rolled around in melted chocolate and formed into balls. I used to love making larabar knockoff balls a few years back but hadn’t made them in a while, so it was time to test out a new recipe.
Having looked at a few recipes online, I just opened my dried fruit and nut drawer and grabbed a few desirable ingredients, namely, coconut flakes, chia seeds, coconut flour, sliced almonds, cacao nibs, dried peaches, peanut butter and agave.
Seemed like a good mix of ingredients.
By the way have I shared my love affair for coconut flakes yet? They are absolutely awesome when toasted. You’ve got to toast them and then they practically replace chips with that awesome crunch and flavor. My new favorite snack.
A few weeks ago I saw a recipe for toasted coconut butter – as in toasted flakes processed into butter – um yes please right now. I knew that I would be making this soon and better yet that would be the base of a snack ball.
Once you’ve got that turned into a thick and creamy butter add in the rest of the ingredients and give the food processor a whirl. Then melt some dark chocolate chips on the stove, add in the mix, give it a good stir and form into small balls with your hands. I like to pop these in the freezer for 20-30 minutes just to get them to firm up a bit, and from there you can store them in the fridge.
These make for a great snack or light dessert. These vegan peach coconut almond clusters are packed full of delicious and healthy ingredients to make for a truly guilt free dessert option.
15 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes, unweetened, toasted
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tablepoon chia seed
- 2 tablespoons cacao nibs
- 1/4 cup dried peach halves
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup agave
- 1 cup vegan dark chocolate chips
- To toast the coconut flakes, preheat the oven to 350 degrees C and place flakes on aluminum lined baking sheet in single layer. Toast for 10-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Process almonds in food processer until broken down into clumps, remove and set aside.
- Process coconut flakes in a food processor until butter forms.
- Add coconut flour, chia seeds, cacao nibs and dried peaches. Process until mixture is broken down and clings together. Add almonds, peanut butter and agave. Process until mixture sticks together.
- In a small pot melt chocolate chips over low heat and add mixture to the pot. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Form balls with your hands.
- Freeze for 20-30 minutes and refrigerate to store.