6 ingredient chipotle vegan black bean burger recipe make for the perfect 30 minute weeknight meatless meal. These veggie burgers are high in protein, fiber, vitamin C and iron, all while coming in at 260 calories per serving. Add your favorite toppings and wrap up in a lettuce leaf or eat with bread.
Can’t get enough vegan veggie burgers? Try some of my other favorites including:
I’ve been getting up really early lately.
And I mean realllllyyyy early. I mean 5:30 early. Practically sunrise early.
Not by choice of course.
No it’s been Jack the big golden retriever pooch that has been dictating my wake up times. D and I are housesitting here in Costa Rica, and Jack seems to want his breakfast at 5:30 in the morning.
I know – completely unnecessary. And I know what you’re thinking – why not feed him later?
Well when you’ve got a 90 pound bundle breathing into your sleeping face with his morning breathe – you’ll be up too. So when I’m up at 5:30 and eating breakfast at 6:00am I’m pretty much ready for lunc at 10:00am.
Does this happen to just me? No matter what I eat for breakfast I am hungrryyy again for another meal within just a couple hours. Anyone else out there with me?
And I’m not eating super small breakfasts – I’m really having a full meal.
Either way, 10am rolls around and it’s lunch time around here.
I want something hearty, and I want it now.
Well now aka 30 minutes from now when I whip up a super quick low fuss meal.
Meet the chipotle vegan black bean burger recipe.
We’re talking only six key ingredients : chipotles in adobo, black beans, red pepper, limes, quinoa, and gluten free flour. Well + salt and olive oil (but you’ve got to have that on hand already or we can’t even talk right now).
Remember when I confessed that I just discovered chipotles in adobo last month? I know I know, unacceptable but since I have finally cooked with them you know that I love them and want to promote them to everyone all the time.
All day every day chipotle in adobo everywhere.
Such a spice kick with a real depth of flavor.
The vegan black bean burger come together in a food processor and then you just sprinkle a bit of flour on top, form six neat little round patties and pan fry in olive oil.
30 minute meatless lunch or dinner coming your way.
Eat with bread or if you’re like me and love your greens, wrap up in lettuce leaves with a generous dollop of vegan basil pesto and lots of avocado slices.
Firm, hearty and flavorful vegan black bean burger coming your way.
20 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 2 chipotles in adobo, chopped
- 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 lime, zested
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup gluten free flour
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- To serve: avocado slices, lettuce leaves, b][vegan basil pesto [/b], bread (optional)
- In a food processor combine chipotle in adobo, black beans, quinoa, lime juice, lime zest, red bell pepper and salt.
- Process until broken up but not completely smooth. If you prefer a smoother veggie burger process for longer.
- Place the mixture in a bowl and add gluten free flour.
- Heat pan over medium heat and add olive oil. Form 6 patties out of the mixture.
- Pan fry for 5 minutes per side or until browned.
- Serve with avocado slices, b][vegan basil pesto [/b] and lettuce leaves or bread.
*Nutrition info provided for the burger patties themselves (not for any additional toppings)