Red Snapper recipe with Romesco sauce is the perfect impressive dinner ready in 30 minutes. Bread and pan seared red snapper fillets are topped with a smoky and rich roasted red pepper almond sauce. Top with slivered basil for an epic meal.
I have become obsessed with romesco sauce lately. Hence this recipe for red snapper fish with romesco sauce.
But honestly romesco sauce might just be the new hot shot in town. This sauce is a combo of roasted red peppers, toasted almonds, red wine vinegar, olive oil and a little bit of tahini and smoked paprika if you’re feeling adventurous (I know I am).
And when you’re getting real savvy in the kitchen you’ll be roasting your own red peppers – ok kind of an afternoon project, but definitely a rewarding one.
I randomly decided to first roast a whole tray (12) red peppers while house sitting in Costa Rica. I mean why not preheat the oven to 400 degrees F when it’s already almost 200 degrees outside right? I mean sometimes I have the best ideas. Or not. Air conditioning in the house or not, I had a sudden impulse to roast red peppers, and nothing was going to stop me.
Once they’re roasted, sweated, peeled and de-seeded you are ready to make the sauce.
Throw everything into the food processor while the fish fillets are cooking and that’s it.
This was literally one of my most impressive dinners in months. Think super tender lightly breaded and crispy pan fried fresh fish topped with a smoky and rich roasted red pepper based sauce.
Perfection at it’s finest if you ask me. Top with toasted sliced almonds, slivered basil and thinly sliced roasted red peppers. This Red Snapper recipe is a weeknight dinner finer than what you would purchase at a restaurant. The exact words D told me when I served this to him.
This red snapper fish with romesco sauce is an 8 ingredient dinner that will be sure to blow your tastebuds away. Soft battered pan fried fish topped with a smoky and nutty roasted red pepper and almond sauce.
20 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 4 red snapper fish fillets (or other white fish)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup gluten free panko breadcrumbs (or gluten free flour with spices mixed in)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (for cooking the fish)
- salt/pepper to taste
- For the Romesco Sauce:
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons tahini (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- for garnish : slivered basil, toasted sliced almonds and thinly sliced roasted red peppers
- Season the fish with salt and pepper to taste. Dip the fish in the egg and then in the panko breadcrumbs.
- Heat pan over medium high heat and add oil. Add fish to the pan when hot and cook for a few minutes on each side until fish is cooked through.
- In a food processor combine almonds, roasted red peppers, red wine vinegar, olive oil, salt to taste and the optional tahini and smoked paprika. Blend until almost smooth.
- Serve fish topped with romesco sauce and garnished with slivered basil, toasted sliced almonds and thinly sliced roasted red peppers.