9 ingredient 100 calorie vegan hazelnut truffle recipe with toasted coconut, figs, and walnuts, all pulsed together in the food processor before being dipped in melted dark chocolate.
Raise your hand if you still can’t get back to real life after the holidays. Tell me I’m not the only one who just wants to watch Netflix and eat indulgent high calorie food, while simultaneously losing weight, building muscle and becoming a super efficient businesswoman.
Tell me you’re dragging your feet a bit too.
Can we just hit pause on the world clock, and let me catch up and get ahead on everything. Deal?
If only it were that easy. Til then I guess I’ll continue brainstorming vegan hazelnut truffle ideas instead. That seems to be working for everyone around me. I seem to be on a bit of a truffle kick. Starting with my vegan energy balls with chocolate and then my honey avocado truffles with pistachios, they’re just so easy to make.
And so fun.
Just throw a bunch of ingredients into the food processor and poof dessert is ready. This time I crafted a medley of hazelnuts, figs, toasted coconut flakes, walnuts, cacao powder, vanilla extract and maple syrup. All that gets blended and crushed, formed into balls and frozen. Then the frozen hazelnut truffle balls are dipped in melted dark chocolate.
Super simple right? If you’ve got other nuts on hand you got sub those in. No figs? Use dates. No dates or figs, use maple syrup (just add more nuts to adjust for more liquid).
This recipe makes 18 vegan hazelnut truffle balls, which should last a while, unless of course you host a 13 person dinner party – in which case they’ll be gone in about 7 minutes. Or less.
You’ll definitely want to grab a hazelnut truffle of these before they’re all gone.
They’re rich and chocolatey on the outside and soft and nutty inside. Ever so slightly sweet but not overwhelmingly so.
Serves 1 vegan hazelnut truffle
9 ingredient 100 calorie vegan hazelnut truffles with toasted coconut, figs, and walnuts, all pulsed together in the food processor before being dipped in melted dark chocolate.
15 minPrep Time
15 minTotal Time
- 1 cup toasted hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup dried figs
- 1 cup toasted coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup vegan dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- In a food processor combine hazelnut and figs. Process until broken down into small pieces.
- Add coconut, 1 tablespoon coconut oil, walnuts, cacao powder, vanilla extract and maple syrup. Process until almost smooth.
- Form 18 round balls out of the mixture. Freeze for 10-15 minutes.
- In a bowl combine chocolate chips and 1 teaspoon coconut oil. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Dip vegan hazelnut truffles in melted chocolate. Repeat for all truffles. Freeze for additional 10 minutes.
- Store in refrigerator.
Instead of figs you could use dried dates, (in which case omit the maple syrup and add another tablespoon of coconut oil)
You could use 3/4 cup of toasted coconut flakes (in which case use 1/2 cup walnuts)
optional: 1 tablespoon Frangelico hazelnut liqueur