Have dinner on the table in under 30 minutes with this Vegan Asian Stir Fry Baby Corn and Bamboo Shoots Noodles. A super simple yet delicious meal. Gluten Free.
I’ve only been here for about a week and I’m already craving Asian food. Nothing against the local cuisine here, I’ve already indulged in a few arepas, empanadas, bandeja paisas, but now I’m craving those warm comforting and salty Asian flavors.
I mean if I had to pick one bottled friend in the world (non-alcoholic I mean)- you know it would be gluten free tamari. We just can’t stay away from each other for too long. I just loooooooove salt and specifically that soy sauce flavor. So it should come as now surprise that as soon as I hit the grocery store I stocked up on all my favorite Asian ingredients – ginger, curry pastes, spices, coconut milk, bamboo shoots, baby corn, rice noodles, tamari, hoisin sauce. I needed it all.
And this afternoon it was time for one of my all time favorite noodle dishes. I make this vegan Asian noodle stir fry all the time. I mean all the time and yet I’ve never posted the recipe on here.
Sometimes I just forget that my simplest classic recipes that I make over and over again have not yet been highlighted on this blog.
So this Vegan Asian Stir Fry Baby Corn and Bamboo Shoots Noodles recipe is long overdue. Now you could add all sorts of different veggies and toppings but I love the combo of baby corn, bamboo shoot and sugar snap peas. Those three go together perfectly. They are tangled up in endless knots of thin rice noodles and enveloped in a super light and flavorful Asian based sauce.
Ginger and garlic are a must here too, though I assume that goes without saying. For the sauce I simply add a bit of tamari and some hoison (or vegan oyster sauce – known as mushroom sauce). This vegan stir fry bamboo shoots noodles comes together in under 30 minutes and hits the spot every time.
When you want a super simple, quick and flavorful dinner, you’ve got to make this vegan Asian bamboo shoots noodles stir fry.
Normally I also add sesame oil (another ingredient I am obsessed with), sesame seeds, Sriracha and chili garlic sauce – but did not have those available this time around so omitted them. It works either way!
For more vegan Asian noodle recipes check out my vegan Asian noodles with carrots and tahini sauce.
Have dinner on the table in 30 minutes with this vegan Asian noodle stir fry packed with flavor from baby corn, bamboo shoots and sugar snap peas. A super simple yet delicious meal. Gluten Free.
15 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped ginger
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 8 ounces sugar snap peas, halved
- 1 15 ounce can bamboo shoots, drained
- 1 15 ounce can baby corn, drained and halved
- 1-2 tablespoons gluten free tamari
- 1-2 tablespoons vegan oyster sauce (mushroom sauce) or hoisin sauce
- 6 ounces thin rice nooldes, soaked in hot water until soft then rinsed with cold water and drained,
- 1-2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce or Sriracha (optional)
- 1 red chili pepper, finely diced (optional)
- Heat pan over medium-high heat and add coconut oil.
- Add ginger and garlic and cook until fragrant, 1-2 minutes.
- Add sugar snap peas and cook for a couple minutes.
- Add bamboo shoots and cook for a couple minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add baby corn and cook for a couple more minutes.
- Add gluten free tamari, hoisin or mushroom sauce, sesame oil and chili garlic sauce if using.
- Mix, and add the noodles. Stir until incorporated. Increase heat to high and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Serve garnished with additional sesame oil, sesame seeds, chili garlic sauce and chili pepper (all optional).