Curried quinoa pumpkin vegan collard wraps with veggies come together in minutes and make for the perfect light, healthy and detox friendly meal. You’ll feel the energy coming back to you with these low carb, high protein wraps. Perfect for lunch or a snack. Drizzled with a tahini lime sauce. Gluten Free too! 15 g of protein per serving.
I made vegan collard wraps for the first time years ago and they were incredible. So it’s really a mystery as to why it took me so long to make a new vegan collard wrap recipe, but without further adieu I present to you curried quinoa pumpkin vegan collard wraps with veggies.
Cooked quinoa gets mixed with mashed pumpkin and a bit of curry powder and paprika – the curried quinoa pumpkin hearty protein packed filling is ready.
As for the other veggies? I opted for crunchy cucumbers, smooth and creamy avocados and refreshing alfalfa sprouts. I seriously cannot get enough of alfalfa sprouts. They’re just so damn good. All of that gets neatly (or messily if you’re me) rolled up into a big collard green leaf – or several small ones layered one on top of the other.
The result? A low carb, bread free, vegan collard wrap recipe stuffed with uber healthy and delicious ingredients while being packed full of flavor. Crunchy, smooth, creamy, sharp, everything, it’s all there. A seriously earthy crunchy feel good meal. One of those that you need after you’ve been binge eating too much heavy carb loaded food and you’re body is begging for greens.
It’s begging for this recipe, let’s be honest.
Yummy as is, or even better with a drizzle of tahini lime sauce, just because, tahini is pretty awesome too. These wraps are high in protein, fiber, vitamins A + C and iron.
And I’m in a fabulous mood today, since I’m crossing country number 50, yes FIFTY, off the list. Hello Bolivia, and with a view like this from my own personal suite cottage in Copacabana with a mini kitchen and fireplace, how could I not be smiling from ear to ear.
So since I’m happy, I’ve got to share my happiness with you fellow readers in the form of a GIVEAWAY!
Enter below to win a $300 Amazon giftcard that myself and 14 fellow food bloggers have organized!
You have to be 18 years of age to win and a resident of US, Canada, or UK. The giveaway will run until Thursday, April 28th.
Serves 1/2 recipe
Curried quinoa pumpkin vegan collard wraps with veggies come together in minutes and make for the perfect light, healthy and detox friendly meal. You'll feel the energy coming back to you with these low carb, high protein wraps. Perfect for lunch or a snack. Drizzled with a tahini lime sauce.
15 minPrep Time
15 minTotal Time
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- salt to taste
- handful alfalfa sprouts
- 1 cucumber, peeled and cut into thin strips or matchsticks
- 1 avocado, cut into thin strips
- 6 large collard leaves (or 12 smaller ones)
- For the sauce:
- 2 tablespoons roasted sesame tahini
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- In a bowl combine quinoa, pumpkin puree, salt, paprika, and curry powder. Mix until smooth.
- Cut off the thick collard leaf vein and place the collard leaves in front of you (layering smaller leaves on top of eachother if using those)
- Add a few spoonfuls of quinoa filling to each collard leaf, topped with cucumbers, avocado and alfalfa sprouts.
- Tightly roll into a wrap.
- In a bowl combine the sauce ingredients, tahini, olive oil and lime juice. Mix until smooth. Set aside.
- Serve drizzled with tahini sauce or dipped right into it.