Roasted cauliflower soup is super creamy vegan soup made with roasted garlic and coconut cream. This makes for the most comforting weeknight dinner. Gluten Free too.
Roasted cauliflower soup – you are my new love. You already must know how deeply I love soup. I can eat it all year long – boiling hot summer days do not get rid of my soup cravings.
But I must admit it tastes a whole lot better on a cool chilly day. Something about cuddling up with a steaming hot bowl of soup just seems appropriate as soon as it’s jacket weather outside.
And I need my soup steaming hot. We’re talking boiling. None of this lukewarm business.
That will never do.
I need to see the smoke coming off of it. Nothing worse than improperly heated up soup if you asks me. Takes all the taste out of it.
This roasted cauliflower soup came to be because I was craving a creamy pureed soup and was out of zucchini (for my vegan zucchini soup), pumpkin (for my creamy vegan pumpkin soup) and red peppers for my vegan roasted red pepper soup. I did have lentils so in theory I could have made my vegan red lentil soup, or my lentil apple soup, but I wanted something creamier and veggie based.
What else could I find in the fridge that would make for a creamy soup?
Cauliflower + garlic. Initially I had been planning to use the cauliflower for my vegan cauliflower fritters, but those would just have to wait.
The cauliflower and garlic was needed elsewhere and it needed to be roasted for ultimate flavor.
If you have never roasted cauliflower or garlic before, you should start immediately just because they are both amazing on their own and can stand alone.
But when added together into a roasted cauliflower soup — well then all bets are off.
While the cauliflower and garlic are patiently roasting you can get started on the rest of the recipe – lightly sauteeing the onions, carrots and celery. Then add in the vegetable broth, the roasted cauliflower and garlic and let those cook for bit.
But wait – the roasted cauliflower soup is not done just yet!
After pureeing the soup with an immersion blender (best kitchen tool ever by the way), add in the coconut milk and nutritional yeast. And there you have it – a simple and delicious bowl of roasted cauliflower soup for your weeknight dinner. If you prefer to have the soup as a starter you could pair this with my sweet potato and chickpea salad, quinoa power bowls, sweet potato tofu burger, or avocado chickpea salad for a full meal.
And now that we’re on the topic of kitchen tools — I’ve got a surprise for you today — a GIVEAWAY!
Today I am organizing a giveaway which you can enter below for a chance to win a sample pack of Dreamfarm kitchen tools and gadgets – a set valued at $157.
These guys make some awesome colorful, fun and functional kitchen tools that I loved testing out. The Garject – a garlic mincer – I was particularly fond of and impressed me. If you love garlic as much as I do then you can totally relate to the frustrations of finding a proper garlic mincer. One that makes mincing garlic and more importantly cleaning the garlic mincer a breeze.
I feel like I spend a solid portion of my kitchen time dealing with using and cleaning the garlic mincer so when I can find a good one that’s easy to clean it makes a world of difference!
What is your favorite kitchen tool? In this giveaway you have the chance to win the following set of items:
Clongs – a pair of click lock sit up tongs
Chopula – a chopping sit up spatula
Garject – a garlic press that scrapes itself clean and ejects the peel
Levoons – self levelling measuring spoons
Levups – self levelling measuring cups
Supoon – a scraping spoon that measures and has a built in spoon rest
Mini Supoon – a mini scraping spoon that measures and has a built in spoon rest
Savel – a flexible food saver that bends to cover whatever shape of cut food you have left
The giveaway is open to US readers 18 years of age and older.
Be sure to enter below (and then make this roasted cauliflower soup immediately).
I hope you enjoyed cooking (and eating) this roasted cauliflower soup as much as I did! Get the full recipe below. And after you enjoy this for dinner feel free to treat yourself to these quick chocolate vegan coconut balls.
Serves 1/4 of recipe
A super creamy roasted cauliflower soup with roasted garlic and coconut cream makes for the most comforting weeknight dinner. Gluten Free and Vegan
15 minPrep Time
45 minCook Time
1 hrTotal Time
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1 head garlic
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika (optional)
- 1 teaspoon hot smoked paprika (optional)
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- For garnish:
- handful chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the top off the head of garlic, revealing a small portion of each clove. Lightly drizzle with olive oil and wrap in aluminum foil.
- Toss the cauliflower florets with 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. Spread the cauliflower in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake the cauliflower and garlic for 30 minutes.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onions. Cook until translucent (a few minutes).
- Add carrots and celery. Cook for a few minutes. Add paprika and salt.
- Add vegetable broth, and bring to a boil.
- Add roasted cauliflower and garlic to the pot (squeeze the garlic paste out of the cloves)
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and puree until smooth with an immersion blender.
- Add coconut milk and nutritional yeast. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve topped with any leftover roasted cauliflower florets and chopped parsley.