Dinner doesn’t get simpler than parchment packet oven roasted salmon served with broccoli, red pepper and tomato parcels. Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, High Protein and Low Carb. A healthy dinner with minimal prep.
Hello to my all time favorite fish – made in the best way ever – oven roasted salmon. Salmon = celebration in my book. And it doesn’t need to be an infrequent celebration – a dinner with friends or family that is ready in no time at all with minimal prep or clean up is celebration enough.
That’s the time to whip out Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Salmon with Garlicky Black Pepper & Extra Virgin Olive Oil (which you can find in stores, or on Amazon Fresh). This was my first time trying out the Bumble Bee super fresh line. Before this my association with Bumble Bee was with their canned tuna, but apparently that is not all they do well.
They have branched out and now offer a whole frozen seafood line – that is already individually portioned, seasoned and packaged. Ready for cooking.
When you open the box you are met with 4 ounce portions of generously seasoned thin cut salmon fillets in plastic wrapping. You just need to remove the wrapping and place the salmon fillets in the folded parchment parcels.
Then you fold over the open side and you’re done. This oven roasted salmon recipe is practically finished.
Pop that into a 425 degree preheated oven and 20 minutes the heart of your dinner is ready.
Since the protein is taken care of, I had to get to work on the veggies. I love love love broccoli so that was on the top of my list, with red pepper and tomatoes falling in close second and third place. I roughly chopped all three, place in aluminum foil square, topped with a bit of olive oil, tamari, salt, pepper and garlic powder before sealing the packets shut and placing in the oven.
Once everything is ready it’s almost kind of fun to unwrap all the different parcels. Kind of like presents. Holiday presents.
This makes for a perfect low fuss minimal prep and clean up meal. The salmon, already be portioned and seasoned literally goes from freezer to plate in as little as 25 minutes. It’s also generously seasoned with lots of freshly cracked black pepper and extra virgin olive oil – my faves.
My mom recently purchased a pepper mill in the shape of a wine bottle – and it literally has become my favorite kitchen utensil, first because it looks cool and surprises every guests, and second of all because it is perfect for coarsely freshly ground black pepper. Needless to say, I highly appreciate my food generously peppered, which is exactly what this salmon is.
When served alongside the roasted veggies this oven roasted salmon makes for a high protein, low carb gluten-free and dairy-free healthy weeknight meal fit for a celebration.
Salmon has always been one of my most favorite fish recipes (as you can see in my Asian salmon salad with sesame ginger dressing, salmon red rice veggies bowls with roasted red pepper sauce, salmon cakes with hearts of palm, broiled red curry salmon with bean sprouts, etc) and continues to be.
For more recipe ideas on other Bumble Bee seafood options check out this post.
Dinner doesn't get simpler than parchment packet oven roasted salmon served with broccoli, red pepper and tomato parcels. Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, High Protein and Low Carb. A healthy dinner with minimal prep.
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 2 packages Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Salmon with Garlicky Black Pepper and Extra Virgin Olive Oil (16.4 ounces salmon, total)
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 red pepper, roughly chopped
- 2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons gluten free tamari
- salt/pepper to taste
- dash of garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- To prep the salmon, remove the plastic covering and slip each piece of salmon into the parchment parcel, seasoned side up. Fold over the open side to seal the parchment packet. Repeat for all 4 pieces of salmon.
- Cut 4 large rectangular pieces of aluminum foil.
- On each piece layer 1/4 of the red pepper, broccoli and tomatoes. Top with evenly divided olive oil, tamari, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Seal the aluminum foil packets.
- Bake for the salmon packets and aluminum foil packets for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove and serve the salmon over the veggies, with the liquid sauce from the veggies poured on top of the salmon.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.