I simply love the sun dried tomato, artichoke heart and feta trio, all mixed in in perfectly with the grainy couscous basil. This is a vegetarian recipe and can be a dairy free meal by omitting the feta. A deliciously healthy artichoke couscous salad.
After a 9 month quinoa hiatus while we were traveling through Asia, I was lucky enough to be able to find some in France. And once I did I couldn’t get enough of it.
Unfortunately though, after France I didn’t find it again in Switzerland, Austria or Poland.
You can imagine my distress about been torn away again from my beloved quinoa.
Though couscous is no substitute for the time being it would have to do.
And so I went to an old classic couscous recipe that I’ve been making for years yet have withheld from my blog. You see, once I whip up this dish I just have no patience to set up a photo shoot and take some nice pics – I must start eating it right away.
So this time, with major difficult I restrained myself and got in a few quick photos before I dug in.
Couscous is great as it takes less than 10 minutes to make. Boil the water, add the couscous, and just let it absorb for 7 minutes, and that’s it. Your couscous is ready. In that time you swiftly dice the remaining ingredients and the meal is ready in under 20 minutes.
I love the sun dried tomato, artichoke heart and feta trio, which is mixed in perfectly with the grainy couscous basil. Add in some chopped spinach, basil and a splash of lemon juice and red wine vinegar and lunch or dinner is ready.
This artichoke couscous salad is super healthy and vegetarian, too. It can be made dairy free by omitting the feta.
Need lunch or dinner on the table within 20 minutes? Try this Couscous with Sun dried Tomatoes, Artichoke Hearts, and Basil . Healthy, delicious and quick to make
15 minPrep Time
7 minCook Time
22 minTotal Time
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth or water
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 6 ounce jar of marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves,
- 1 handful basil leaves
- splash red wine vinegar
- splash olive oil
- 1/4 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 feta cheese, cubed (omit for dairy free or vegan version)
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a pot, bring water or broth to a boil. Stir in couscous and cover. Remove from heat and let sit for 7 minutes. Then fluff with a fork and set aside.
- Dice the sun-dried tomatoes, artichokes, and feta. Finely slice the basil
- In a large bowl, combine couscous with the diced sun-dried tomatoes, marinated artichoke hearts, feta, basil and spinach. Add a splash of red wine vinegar, olive oil and the lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
This artichoke couscous salad recipe is adapted from http://thefreshfridge.com/2011/06/couscous-with-sun-dried-tomatoes-artichokes-and-spinach/